Re: [FHCNET] Temples on NFS

  • Rebecca Christensen
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
      Winter Quarters Temple just received the 90 day notification yesterday and this morning although the e-mails are a little messed up. My husband, a High Priest Group Leader, received an email yesterday addressed to Family History Directors with the FHC Director attachments, and I (a FHC Director) received an e-mail this morning addressed to Family History Consultants with FH Consultant attachments. I'm still waiting to receive an e-mail for FHC Directors - either in my personal e-mail or the LDSMail account.

      Rebecca Christensen

      Sue Barnsley <sbarnsley@...> wrote:
      Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are coming onto the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one temple outside the US. Any information when it will go outside North America? Does any one know when the major upgrades are going to be done as well...Miles?

      Active:
      St. Louis (June)
      Reno (July)
      Billings (Aug)
      Orlando (Aug)
      Albuquerque NM (Oct)
      Cardston (Oct)

      Coming:
      Las Vegas?
      Baton Rouge?
      San Antonio
      San Diego
      Fresno
      Sacramento
      Los Angeles

    • Russell Hltn
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
        On Nov 9, 2007 7:58 AM, Rebecca Christensen <rchristen@...> wrote:
        > Winter Quarters Temple just received the 90 day notification yesterday and this morning although the e-mails are a little messed up. My husband, a High Priest Group Leader, received an email yesterday addressed to Family History Directors with the FHC Director attachments

        Same thing happened to me. Is he able to create a login on nFS?
        Right now, I can't. And when I called support, they said that someone
        else in another temple district called in with the same problem.
        That's why I posted the question.
      • Ron Hall

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
            I'll have to have him check tonight. I guess I should call support to let them know of the problem too - I had been waiting to see if my FHC Director e-mail has just been delayed in the apparantly large number of e-mails being sent out with all of the announcements we are hearing.

            I have had access to nFS since the e-mail came out to FHC directors. One of our FHC workers/consultants has also had access for a few weeks although she is not a director and we just received notification about going live. She just tried logging in at home after I had shown her nFS through the helper mode and she was able to get in under her own login.

            Rebecca Christensen

            Russell Hltn <RussellHltn@...> wrote:
            On Nov 9, 2007 7:58 AM, Rebecca Christensen wrote:
            > Winter Quarters Temple just received the 90 day notification yesterday and this morning although the e-mails are a little messed up. My husband, a High Priest Group Leader, received an email yesterday addressed to Family History Directors with the FHC Director attachments

            Same thing happened to me. Is he able to create a login on nFS?
            Right now, I can't. And when I called support, they said that someone
            else in another temple district called in with the same problem.
            That's why I posted the question.

          • Gary Hall
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
              just got a notice about an hour ago that Dallas will go on line in 90
              days
              g hall

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                Somebody should be tracking these. I think they are on Rene's blog but
                it has been a while since I checked so I don't know how up to date it
                is.

                As far as the major upgrades, I only know what I have seen posted at
                the beta site and there is a memo titled "What's New in the New
                FamilySearch?" dated with a future date. I won't tell you what the
                date is but suffice it to say it is very close. I don't really know if
                that is a release date or not but it is a date.

                Miles Meyer

                On Nov 9, 2007 12:44 PM, Sue Barnsley <sbarnsley@...> wrote:

                > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are coming onto
                > the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one temple outside the
                > US. Any information when it will go outside North America? Does any one know
                > when the major upgrades are going to be done as well...Miles?
                >
                > Active:
                > St. Louis (June)
                > Reno (July)
                > Billings (Aug)
                > Orlando (Aug)
                > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
                > Cardston (Oct)
                >
                > Coming:
                > Las Vegas?
                > Baton Rouge?
                > San Antonio
                > San Diego
                > Fresno
                > Sacramento
                > Los Angeles

              • Ileen Johnson
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                  I have created a database of temple districts on or about to go on
                  nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You can see it if you
                  have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table insisted in arranging
                  them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I have missed some,
                  please let me know so I can add them.

                  Ileen

                  Alberta Cardston
                  Arizona Mesa
                  Arizona Snowflake
                  California Fresno
                  California Los Angeles
                  California Redlands
                  California Sacramento
                  California San Diego
                  Florida Orlando Edit
                  Michigan Detrtoit
                  Missouri St. Louis
                  Montana Billings
                  Nebraska Winter Quarters
                  Nevada Reno
                  New Mexico Alburquerque
                  Ohio Columbus
                  Texas Dallas
                  Texas San Antonio

                  On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer <milesmeyer@...> wrote:

                  >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they are on Rene's blog but
                  > it has been a while since I checked so I don't know how up to date it
                  > is.

                • Sue Barnsley
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                    Which temple covers Detriot?

                  • Sue Barnsley
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                      Thanks Ileen, that is helpful. At one point Renee had said that Las Vegas was also up, has anyone confirmed that?

                      It is interesting that there is still only one temple outside the US online or going online.

                    • Balls Don
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                        Detroit Temple cover the Detroit Michigan area the Temple is in Bloomfield Hills Michigan on Woodward Ave.

                        Elder and Sister Balls
                        Phone 801-532-2685

                          I received my directors notice this morning to prepare the members for
                          Winter Quarters (Omaha, Nebraska) going online. YEEPEE!

                          Dorothy Sargent

                          Sue Barnsley wrote:

                          > Has any one keeping a list of the temples who are on and who are
                          > coming onto the system? This is the list that I have, so far only one
                          > temple outside the US. Any information when it will go outside North
                          > America? Does any one know when the major upgrades are going to be
                          > done as well...Miles?
                          >
                          > Active:
                          > St. Louis (June)
                          > Reno (July)
                          > Billings (Aug)
                          > Orlando (Aug)
                          > Albuquerque NM (Oct)
                          > Cardston (Oct)
                          >
                          > Coming:
                          > Las Vegas?
                          > Baton Rouge?
                          > San Antonio
                          > San Diego
                          > Fresno
                          > Sacramento
                          > Los Angeles

                        • Terri J.
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                            Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
                            new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
                            training website has been made available automatically?

                            -Terri J.

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            9:21 AM
                          • Garth Gooch
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                              I think that there is still one more to add to the
                              list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
                              they also got their notice earlier.

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • blanchard@netutah.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 9, 2007
                                I am visiting my daughter in Phoenix this weekend. She is a registered Family History Consultant and was notified via e-mail this morning (11-09-07)that Mesa was going on line. This week appears to be a big week for announcements.

                                Don

                                I think that there is still one more to add to the
                                list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes that
                                they also got their notice earlier.

                                --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...> wrote:

                                > I have created a database of temple districts on or
                                > about to go on
                                > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/ . You
                                > can see it if you
                                > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                                > insisted in arranging
                                > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                                > have missed some,
                                > please let me know so I can add them.
                                >
                                > Ileen
                                >

                                > Alberta Cardston
                                > Arizona Mesa
                                > Arizona Snowflake
                                > California Fresno
                                > California Los Angeles
                                > California Redlands
                                > California Sacramento
                                > California San Diego
                                > Florida Orlando Edit
                                > Michigan Detrtoit
                                > Missouri St. Louis
                                > Montana Billings
                                > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                                > Nevada Reno
                                > New Mexico Alburquerque
                                > Ohio Columbus
                                > Texas Dallas
                                > Texas San Antonio
                                >

                                > On Nov 9, 2007 2:22 PM, Miles Meyer
                                > <milesmeyer@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > >> Somebody should be tracking these. I think they
                                > are on Rene's blog but
                                > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                                > know how up to date it
                                > > is.

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                                Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
                                Spam
                                Not spam
                                Forget previous vote
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                  Once you get your notice and register for nFS the training all
                                  migrates over to the training tab at nFS. So, yes, the nFS training
                                  should be available once you get the notice.

                                  Miles Meyer

                                  On Nov 9, 2007 8:46 PM, Terri J. <tjaskolka@...> wrote:

                                  > Just curious, those of you who are being notified about acceptance to the
                                  > new FamilySearch, do you also find that training for nFS at the online
                                  > training website has been made available automatically?
                                  >
                                  > -Terri J.

                                • Dorothy Sargent
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                    just received this from one of the Bismarck Temple workers from whom I
                                    had earlier inquired about their being notified. Moast of our members
                                    go there instead of Winter Quarters as it is the same distance but less
                                    busy to travel.

                                    guess what. The Bismarck Familly History Directors got their e-mail
                                    yesterday all over the Stake about nFS starting up in 90 days or so. It
                                    didn't come to the Temple tho, just the directors. FYI

                                    Dorothy Sargent

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                      I saw a quick demonstration of this yesterday, it's
                                      extremely good, and there are ten lessons on how to
                                      use nFS on that page, it will eventually replace the
                                      lds.netdimensions.com site for consultants I believe.

                                      Only those registered as consultants (or priesthood
                                      leaders? they didn't say) will see that extra tab when
                                      they log in to nFS.

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                        Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                                        properly.

                                        With six previously announced and for the most part
                                        live, and 12 new ones shown, that leaves up to six
                                        more based on what I have recently heard, that the
                                        first of the big 'waves' of releases to temples will
                                        have 'up to 20' temples getting nFS. I'm wondering if
                                        some of those we haven't heard about yet are because
                                        they are International areas where our list doesn't
                                        have list members or ditto in the US for districts
                                        where we do not have list members? I'm sure we'll
                                        find out another way what those others might be if
                                        that is true.

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • William Rigtrup
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                          I have heard the the Villahermosa Temple in Mexico has already gone on line. that is to my knowledge the first international temple. Excuse me Canada - being a Canadian at heart I can't forget the Alberta temple but in many respects I do not consider Canada a language etc "foreign country". but has their been any confirmation of that (the Mexican temple)?

                                          --- Garth Gooch <ggooch_00@...<mailto:ggooch_00%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

                                          > I think that there is still one more to add to the
                                          > list, Baton Rouge Louisiana. I have in my notes
                                          > that
                                          > they also got their notice earlier.
                                          >

                                          > --- Ileen Johnson <ileenjohnson@...<mailto:ileenjohnson%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > I have created a database of temple districts on
                                          > or
                                          > > about to go on
                                          > > nFS. It is in our Files Section at
                                          > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/files/> . You
                                          > > can see it if you
                                          > > have a Yahoo Membership. Sorry, but the table
                                          > > insisted in arranging
                                          > > them alphabetically. :) I have 18 so far. If I
                                          > > have missed some,
                                          > > please let me know so I can add them.
                                          > >
                                          > > Ileen
                                          > >

                                          > > Alberta Cardston
                                          > > Arizona Mesa
                                          > > Arizona Snowflake
                                          > > California Fresno
                                          > > California Los Angeles
                                          > > California Redlands
                                          > > California Sacramento
                                          > > California San Diego
                                          > > Florida Orlando Edit
                                          > > Michigan Detrtoit
                                          > > Missouri St. Louis
                                          > > Montana Billings
                                          > > Nebraska Winter Quarters
                                          > > Nevada Reno
                                          > > New Mexico Alburquerque
                                          > > Ohio Columbus
                                          > > Texas Dallas
                                          > > Texas San Antonio

                                          > > are on Rene's blog but
                                          > > > it has been a while since I checked so I don't
                                          > > know how up to date it
                                          > > > is.

                                        • Ileen Johnson
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                            --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, James W Anderson <genealogy248@...> wrote:

                                            > Didn't see the file in the list. May not have posted
                                            > properly.

                                            James, the list of temple districts is in a Database (table) at
                                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database . We have not
                                            previously used Database until I enabled it to make the list, so I
                                            could add to it as needed. Database is another item on the sidebar
                                            along with Files, etc. I have added a few more temple districts to
                                            the list.

                                            Ileen
                                          • L.L. Scott
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                              You folks have me so excited,
                                              hope the Birmingham Temple comes online soon.
                                              I hope you folks have all those early New England families
                                              combined, that is going to be scary :-)
                                            • William Rigtrup
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 10, 2007
                                                the only thing I would add is another column listing announced on really really really on line... gives some perspective. thanks though yours is a little more than mine...

                                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHCNET/database> . We have not