nFS question on Temple Ordinances

  • DCuillard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 7, 2007
      We attended a meeting this past Sunday evening for some of the Stakes in the
      Los Angeles Temple district regarding nFS for our Temple district.
      I registered and have been able to begin learning the program.
      I have one question..... on most of the names I have previously submitted
      for Temple Ordinances, the ordinance dates & Temple were listed. However, I
      did find a couple where the word "completed" is all that is listed in the
      ordinance fields. Does anyone know why this is listed instead of the actual dates?
      Thanks,
      Donna

    • Terri Shea

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
          Question. I am in the process of linking my families, one of those families is showing that the sealing to parent is not complete yet when you go into the LDS ordinances it shows that the sealing to parent has been completed with a date. Why?

        • John Vilburn
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
            > Question. I am in the process of linking my families, one of those
            > families is
            > showing that the sealing to parent is not complete yet when you go into
            > the LDS ordinances it shows that the sealing to parent has been completed
            > with a date. Why?"

            Is there more than one set of parents listed, with perhaps no sealing to the
            other set of parents?
          • Trumans
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
              I am assuming that when you say "when you go into the LDS ordinances" you are talking about the IGI ordinance records on familysearch.org.

              I have had this situation happen to me and referred this to feedback on nfs. The answer each times is: This is a known problem and is being worked on. You have to ask that the problem be referred to Data Control. Data then adds the info. and we go on. However, this same thing happened to one of the patrons at the center and she pushed the button to do the sealing work.
              She thought that since it said it was ready that the work had not been done and now the sealing is ready for a duplicate sealing to parents.
              She will have to take the sheet to the temple and have the sealing deleted.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                No.

                Is there more than one set of parents listed, with perhaps no sealing to the
                other set of parents?

                Question. I am in the process of linking my families, one of those
                > families is
                > showing that the sealing to parent is not complete yet when you go into
                > the LDS ordinances it shows that the sealing to parent has been completed
                > with a date. Why?"

              • Sue Barnsley
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 8, 2007
                  Another question. How do you merge/combine marriages?

                • sandy54next
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                    -
                    I am assuming that when you say "when you go into the LDS ordinances"
                    you are talking about the IGI ordinance records on familysearch.org.

                    I have had this situation happen to me and referred this to feedback
                    on nfs. The answer each times is: This is a known problem and is
                    being worked on. You have to ask that the problem be referred to Data
                    Control. Data then adds the info. and we go on. However, this same
                    thing happened to one of the patrons at the center and she clicked

                    -- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Sue Barnsley <sbarnsley@...> wrote:

                    > Question. I am in the process of linking my families, one of those
                    families is showing that the sealing to parent is not complete yet
                    when you go into the LDS ordinances it shows that the sealing to
                    parent has been completed with a date. Why?

                  • luv2surch
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                      I went to the same meeting. The brother from the file desk at the
                      temple said that January 22nd is the roll out date. I, also,
                      received the 90 day roll out letter for directors.
                      Kim

                      --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Terri Shea <tsshea06@...> wrote:

                      > Do you know when LA will go live??
                      > Terri
                      >
                      > DCuillard@... wrote:
                      > We attended a meeting this past Sunday evening for some
                      of the Stakes in the
                      > Los Angeles Temple district regarding nFS for our Temple district.
                      > I registered and have been able to begin learning the program.
                      > I have one question..... on most of the names I have previously
                      submitted
                      > for Temple Ordinances, the ordinance dates & Temple were listed.
                      However, I
                      > did find a couple where the word "completed" is all that is listed
                      in the
                      > ordinance fields. Does anyone know why this is listed instead of
                      the actual dates?
                      > Thanks,
                      > Donna

                    • luv2surch
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                        I really suggest that you go to the training. It is in the help center
                        (front page - bottom) training/resource tab, click e-learning, you
                        should be at consultant training click on new familyserch. It has 10
                        lessons with introduction and conclusion. Also, go through the
                        training that pop up at the beginning of the program.
                        To combine marriage click on arrow next to the husband or wife
                        depending on who you are combining. Click on combine with other spouse.
                        Kim

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                          Not combining with another spouse. This is the same couple with two exact same marriage dates. I need to combine the marriage dates.

                        • maxine nelson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                            Tell me again how to get to the training. I started it some time again,
                            then it sort of went away (actually I went to the hospital) and I
                            haven't found it again. I had registered as a consultant. Denver
                            District is not online for nFS yet.
                            Thanks
                            Maxine in NW Kansas
                            mmnelson@...

                            --
                            BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

                            NOTE: This message was trained as non-spam. If this is wrong,
                            please correct the training as soon as possible.

                            Spam: http://spam.st-tel.net/canit/b.php?i=43445259&m=e27500355ede&c=s
                            Not spam: http://spam.st-tel.net/canit/b.php?i=43445259&m=e27500355ede&c=n
                            Forget vote: http://spam.st-tel.net/canit/b.php?i=43445259&m=e27500355ede&c=f
                          • Rosemarie Nickles
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 10, 2007
                              All,
                              The previous email ran all the data together. Here is the official list of
                              all temples that have new FamilySearch and the date they were activated.
                              Rosemarie

                              New FamilySearch: Which temple districts are live?

                              Temple District Date Activated

                              St. Louis Missouri 26 June 2007
                              Reno Nevada 17 July 2007
                              Billings Montana 28 Aug 2007