Re: [FHCNET] Hi, I'm new here

  • Gary Templeman
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 6, 2007
      Man, I am glad I don't have that scheduling headache. All of our staff have
      fixed shifts. In my other hat as a FHC worker I certainly appreciate the
      ability to have a schedule I can plan around. It also helps our patrons to
      know our German expert is in on Tuesday mornings, the Irish expert on
      Wednesday afternoons, ,etc. When we have a need, the specific shift
      assignment we need filled (or more than one if there are options) is part of
      the interview and call process.

      You might consider having 2-4 people called as "flex" workers who can take
      assignments as substitutes for illness, vacation etc and otherwise do not
      have an assigned shift. They might work multiple shifts one week and then
      none for a few weeks, but should always participate in staff meetings and
      training so they can step in where needed and not meiss a beat.

      Gary Templeman