Re: [FHCNET] Phillimore Atlas

  • TOFreckles@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      In a message dated 3/31/2002 9:17:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      jilbechris@... writes:

      > I previously read a message that a "lister" was attempting to purchase the
      > only two she had found.. perhaps that was "Used" or in the US. She didn't
      > say..
      >
      > JC

      Hello FHCNET listers,

      I went to www.google.com & queried Phillimore Atlas

      Many places to acquire the book:

      Amazon.com.UK rating is 5 star.

      The Phillimore Atlas and Index of Parish Registers
      <A HREF="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books-uk%26field-author=Humphery-Smith%2C%20Cecil%20R./026-8802709-6747667">Cecil R. Humphery-Smith</A> (Editor) Our Price: £50.00

      Availability: Usually dispatched within 24 hours
      Category(ies): <A HREF="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ts/browse-books/65/ref=br_cp_dp_1_1/026-8802709-6747667">History</A>

      Amazon.com.UK rating is 5 star.

      Before 1st July 1837 the main means of establishing where births, marriages
      and deaths took place is by reference to baptisms, marriages and burials in
      parish registers of the local church. These records are not held by the
      General Register Office. Generally, they are kept in the local county record
      office for the area concerned. The Phillimore Atlas and Indexes of Parish
      Registers (Phillimore) can be consulted at good reference libraries to
      ascertain where individual church registers are now kept.

      jackie

      jackie duBois bergstrom
      thousand oaks, ca
      tofreckles@...