Re: [FHCNET] place name consistency

  • M. Kathleen Felsted
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 5, 2007
      Thanks, Miles,

      I am still entering new (I am a convert) names into my own PAF all the
      time. I plan on running it all through PAF Insight soon and will be able
      to get some consistancy.

      After all the horror stories, I will not download my file into nFS (in
      Washington DC Temple District, so it might be a while...). But many/most of
      mine are not on in FS, unless I put them there.

      Kathie

      On Nov 5, 2007 6:01 PM, Miles Meyer <milesmeyer@...> wrote:

      > Only if you plan on downloading your file as a gedcom into nFS (I hope
      > you
      > are not planning on this). It's not a bad idea to just go through and do a
      > global change in your PAF file for consistency sake but since you will be
      > entering names in small groups and, at least in the current beta version,
      > nFS prompts you to select from the pulldown list to have a standardized
      > entry, it really won't matter if you have USA in your personal file as far
      > as I can see.
      >
      > Miles Meyer
      >
      > On 11/5/07, M. Kathleen Felsted <mkfelsted@...<mkfelsted%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > So should I now change all my USA to United States?
      > >
      > > Kathie

      M. Kathleen Felsted
      mkfelsted@...

    • M. Kathleen Felsted
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 5, 2007
        Thanks, Miles,

        I am still entering new (I am a convert) names into my own PAF all the
        time. I plan on running it all through PAF Insight soon and will be able
        to get some consistancy.

        After all the horror stories, I will not download my file into nFS (in
        Washington DC Temple District, so it might be a while...). But many/most of
        mine are not on in FS, unless I put them there.

        Kathie

        On Nov 5, 2007 6:01 PM, Miles Meyer <milesmeyer@...> wrote:

        > Only if you plan on downloading your file as a gedcom into nFS (I hope
        > you
        > are not planning on this). It's not a bad idea to just go through and do a
        > global change in your PAF file for consistency sake but since you will be
        > entering names in small groups and, at least in the current beta version,
        > nFS prompts you to select from the pulldown list to have a standardized
        > entry, it really won't matter if you have USA in your personal file as far
        > as I can see.
        >
        > Miles Meyer
        >
        > On 11/5/07, M. Kathleen Felsted <mkfelsted@...<mkfelsted%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > So should I now change all my USA to United States?
        > >
        > > Kathie

        M. Kathleen Felsted
        mkfelsted@...