Re: [FHCNET] FTM to Temple Ready

  • Gary Templeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
      From: "singhals" <singhals@...>
      To: <FHCNET@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:49 AM
      Subject: Re: [FHCNET] FTM to Temple Ready

      > Norma McClain wrote:
      >

      >> I have a patron using FTM who wants to submit name into Temple Ready. Is
      >> that possible without doing anything extra?
      >
      > TR works only with GEDCOM files. So, she'll have to GEDCOM
      > the name out -- watch for that Export TO/AS option!
      >
      > Cheryl

      That is not totally correct. If you are talking about TempleReady for
      Windows, it reads GEDCOMS, and it reads PAF 5 files directly. I think it
      also reads 2-3 other file types (one type for sure that is created if you
      have to stop working in the middle of a submission. There is a special file
      saved that you can open and return to the place you left off). It has been
      so long that I can't remember what the old DOS TR program does but it may be
      limited to just GEDs. Now if you are talking about something coming out of
      Family Tree Maker, then yes, TR will only work with a GEDCOM, not the native
      FTM file (or the data file from any other genealogy program but PAF that I
      know of).

      Gary Templeman