Re: [FHCNET] another question

  • Russell Hltn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2007
      On 10/14/07, Len Ingermanson <len438@...> wrote:
      > All I know is that the
      > folks in charge do not want us to guess at the location, they prefer that we
      > try to extend our research in an effort to find an exact location.

      > as new information is added by each of us it is preferred that we not use of
      > and a general location.

      I'll take a guess as to why. Lets suppose that we're studying Jesus'
      birth. A researcher has entered it into nFS as "land of Jerusalem".

      Someone doing a search with "Bethlehem" may not find it, because to
      the computer "Bethlehem" and "of Jerusalem" is not a match. But if
      the first researcher had left the location blank, then the computer
      would not have rejected it because it knows a blank entry means that
      the location should not be compared.

      Trying to teach the computer to compare "of" is going to be difficult.