Re: [FHCNET] NewFS for non members

  • gtempleman1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 11, 2007
      Could you post where and how non-member staff can request permission? Members can do all the registration online using their membership number and confirmation date. What documentation will the non-members need to provide to establish they are who they claim to be? We don't want the fruitcakes to be able to circumvent the system and gain access just because they send an email to the right department.

      Gary Templeman

      From: "Miles Meyer" <milesmeyer@...>

      > I wanted to make one clarification to my earlier comment. Family History
      > Consultants who are nonmembers can request permission to access nFS.
      > However, these are the only nonmembers that I know of who can currently
      > access the data.
      >
      > Miles
      >

      > On 10/10/07, Miles Meyer wrote:
      > >
      > > From what I have read, nFS will be opened up to nonmembers once the full
      > > > rollout is complete. They will have to make some adjustments to the program
      > > > to remove temple ordinance dates, just like the current FamilySearch, before
      > > > it is released to the public.
      > >

      > > Miles Meyer

      > or send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Chris
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 17, 2007
        --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Hltn" <RussellHltn@...> wrote:

        > On 10/13/07, Chris Tinney <vctinney@...> wrote:
        > > NOT!
        >
        > > And it will not contain multiple sealings of a women
        > > to multiple husbands, etc. It will be a sealing book,
        > > with the Holy Spirit of Promise for every individual,
        > > having correct relationship and exact information,
        > > as events transpired upon this earth, in real time.
        >
        > Think of it as a first draft - and a necessary step in getting to
        that point.

        REPLY: Where Do You Draw the line?

        Discussions indicate that perhaps it will
        be allowed for all temple ordinance work
        to be done for individuals, using the data
        from only a marriage record entry. Any
        woman or man, married more than once, will
        have their ordinance work repeated for each
        separate marriage record, without any way
        of avoiding the duplication, except on rare
        occasions. Then again, logic suggests the
        next step will be to perform sealings, and
        all ordinance work, from divorce filings.

        Will "family group sheet" entries for those
        individuals, who have names of father and mother,
        as parents only, be done over and over again,
        as individual child submissions are made,
        each giving a different approximation date
        for the marriage of the father and mother,
        from each individual child entry submitted?