nFS in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

  • de_rotolo
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 9, 2007
      Baton Rouge Temple District received an email yesterday too. We will
      be using the new FamilySearch within 90 days.
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 9, 2007
        That puts the installs of the system into the temples
        as being over the holidays while the temple is closed,
        or just barely after they reopen for the new year in
        2008.

        Most temples are not going to have it this easy making
        the transition after this group that comes on in early
        2008, because they will have to swap things out
        overnight so to speak in some cases because the temple
        will be operating during the transition, like almost
        all that have been brought online so far.

        --- de_rotolo <de_rotolo@...> wrote:

        > Baton Rouge Temple District received an email
        > yesterday too. We will
        > be using the new FamilySearch within 90 days.

        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658
      • Garth Gooch
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 10, 2007
          Is anyone keeping a running list of the temples now on New Family Search? I thought that I would be able to remember, but now I know that I need to keep a running list to help my memory. If I am not mistaking the following are now online:
          Reno, Nevada
          Billings, Montana
          St. Louis, Missouri
          Orlando, Florida
          Snowflake, Arizona

          Coming on line in 90 days:
          Baton Rouge, Louisiana
          San Diego, California
          Fresno, California

          Would you please correct me if I am wrong and give me any input that is otherwise correct?
          Are they all able to still use the disks if someone takes them to their temple?

        • Sue Barnsley
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 10, 2007
            Also,

            Cardston, Alberta - 30 Oct
            Alberqurque NM - Nov?

            Renee at one point said Las Vegas, can anyone confirm?

            > Is anyone keeping a running list of the temples now on New
            > Family Search? I thought that I would be able to remember,
            > but now I know that I need to keep a running list to help my
            > memory. If I am not mistaking the following are now online:
            > Reno, Nevada
            > Billings, Montana
            > St. Louis, Missouri
            > Orlando, Florida
            > Snowflake, Arizona
            >
            > Coming on line in 90 days:
            > Baton Rouge, Louisiana
            > San Diego, California
            > Fresno, California
            >
            > Would you please correct me if I am wrong and give me any input
            > that is otherwise correct?
            > Are they all able to still use the disks if someone takes them
            > to their temple?
            >

            > ____________________________________________________________________________________Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos.
            > http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html

            Sue

          • Faye French
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 10, 2007
              Cardston, Alberta, Canada temple going on line the 1st week of Nov. Don't
              plan on having 90 days. We had 6 weeks. Training is in high gear. We were
              advised not to summit any temple disks after Oct. 15th. Faye F.

              >Is anyone keeping a running list of the temples now on New Family Search?
              >I thought that I would be able to remember, but now I know that I need to
              >keep a running list to help my memory. If I am not mistaking the following
              >are now online:
              >Reno, Nevada
              >Billings, Montana
              >St. Louis, Missouri
              >Orlando, Florida
              >Snowflake, Arizona
              >
              >Coming on line in 90 days:
              >Baton Rouge, Louisiana
              >San Diego, California
              >Fresno, California
              >
              >Would you please correct me if I am wrong and give me any input that is
              >otherwise correct?
              >Are they all able to still use the disks if someone takes them to their
              >temple?

              Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Check out
              freemessengeremoticons.ca
            • Doris Fenton
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 15, 2007
                Have been told by the temple president that Bismark will be online this
                week when they reopen.
                Doris
                Garth Gooch wrote:

                > Is anyone keeping a running list of the temples now on New Family
                > Search? I thought that I would be able to remember, but now I know
                > that I need to keep a running list to help my memory. If I am not
                > mistaking the following are now online:
                > Reno, Nevada
                > Billings, Montana
                > St. Louis, Missouri
                > Orlando, Florida
                > Snowflake, Arizona
                >
                > Coming on line in 90 days:
                > Baton Rouge, Louisiana
                > San Diego, California
                > Fresno, California
                >
                > Would you please correct me if I am wrong and give me any input that
                > is otherwise correct?
                > Are they all able to still use the disks if someone takes them to
                > their temple?

              • Garth Gooch
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 22, 2007
                  I am very interested in knowing if there is any
                  training to help understand research in all of these
                  different countries. Today I was asked to help
                  someone in Indonesia and I could not find any
                  resources on the familysearch.org websight. Do any of
                  you have suggestions about Indonesia?

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Raymond J Yamka
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 22, 2007
                    Try
                    FamilySearch.org
                    Library
                    Family History Library Catalog
                    Indonesia

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 23, 2007
                      Wow - I hadn't realised that there were so many resources available for
                      Indonesia - good suggestion!

                      I can't handle the old Dutch records, but I can do the Indonesian language
                      stuff if you have a specific requirement.

                      Norm Jones
                      Canberra, Australia

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 23, 2007
                        Another source for information is http://familysearchwiki.org

                        Just type in the location you want information on in the search bar. I found
                        38 articles on Indonesia.

                        Miles Meyer