Volunteer helpers

  • Susan Andersen
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
      Someone on the list talked about a volunteer group that gave help on Family History searches. Can anyone give me the website? I have had a request to find help for a Sister in California who takes Cemetary Photos and as a service gives them away free. But she is in need of help for her own family research as she has hit a brick wall. I am hoping that I can find someone who will give freely from their heart to uplift this sister. My contact says this about her.

      " She has been going from cemetery to cemetery and
      putting her work on the Find a Grave site. I think this is strictly a
      service.

      At present, she is going through a heartbreaking family crisis.
      Perhaps, her photographic work is a coping mechanism. At any rate, she
      has tried and tried to get someone to help her, but has failed in this
      regard.

      Do you have any connections to "eager to help" San Bernardino family
      history people? I think it would give her an enormous lift."

      Canal Winchester Ward, Columbus South Stake, Columbus OH

      Susan Andersen
      Columbus OH
    • Lori Schallenberger

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
          I believe that is the Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness website.

          www.raogk.com <http://www.raogk.com/>

          Joan in NC

        • Terri J.
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
            Try http://www.raogk.org (Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness)

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            10:24 AM
          • GBallard
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
              Lori,

              Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - RAOGK.org is a site that might help.

              Glen Ballard

[...]

              or send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo!
              Groups Links
            • Owen Sound Ontario FHC
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
                May I suggest the site www.raogk.com (means Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness) to check for volunteers. They have a network of volunteers willing to help people in different areas of the world. I have used this site, volunteer for it, and have recommended may people to it with good success.

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
                  Thanks to all who responded to my question.

                  Susan Andersen
                  Columbus OH