RE: [FHCNET] temples using NFS

  • Terri Shea
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
      Does anyone know what temples are using the NFS? I asked today at the Family File desk at our temple and they both looked at each other and smiled this strange smile and said - well........not yet. I said do you know when we will get it, and they said........(strange smile again)......hmmmmmm......no......
      Is it a secret? How will we know when our temple is up and running with it?
      Terri

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
        There are 4 temples online that I know of right now - St. Louis, Reno,
        Orlando & Billings. Stakes will be notified about 2 or 3 months before the
        temple district is scheduled to be converted. The Bishops and FHC directors
        will receive DVDs and letters and if you are registered on the consultants
        training page you should also get a letter. Then you will be ready to begin
        working in the new FamilySearch and take the training.

        Miles Meyer

        On 9/6/07, Terri Shea <tsshea06@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know what temples are using the NFS? I asked today at the
        > Family File desk at our temple and they both looked at each other and smiled
        > this strange smile and said - well........not yet. I said do you know when
        > we will get it, and they said........(strange smile
        > again)......hmmmmmm......no......
        > Is it a secret? How will we know when our temple is up and running with
        > it?
        > Terri

      • robertraymondut
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
          The future release schedule is widely known but confidential. Like
          any of us, those who know enjoy knowing something they can't share.

          A chart showing the temples already using NFS is online at

          http://ancestryinsider.blogspot.com/2007/07/temple-districts-using-
          new-familysearch.html

          (or http://tinyurl.com/22nzyx)

          It's too bad that the temple pages on www.lds.org don't indicate so
          one doesn't accidentally take the wrong submission to the wrong
          temple. To avoid this when travelling, first take submissions to your
          own temple and get ordinance cards printed. These are accepted at any
          temple.

          You will be informed by your priesthood leaders when NFS is coming to
          your temple. If you are a family history consultant, you should sign
          up at

          http://consultant.familysearch.org

          As a registered consultant, you might be informed 90 days before
          FamilySearch comes to your temple, or you might be informed at the
          same time as your priesthood leaders, or you might be implicitly
          informed when NFS lessons show up in your account on the Church's
          online learning system. (I think that covers all the situations I've
          heard about.)

          What temple district are you in?

          --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, Terri Shea <tsshea06@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know what temples are using the NFS? I asked today
          at the Family File desk at our temple and they both looked at each
          other and smiled this strange smile and said - well........not yet. I
          said do you know when we will get it, and they said........(strange
          smile again)......hmmmmmm......no......
          > Is it a secret? How will we know when our temple is up and
          running with it?
          > Terri
        • Terri Shea
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
            I am in Los Angeles temple district. We just got back from 2 weeks maintenance so I though perhaps they would have gotten it.
            Terri