Re: [FHCNET] AIS

    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 11, 2007
      If they're not used in your FHC, it must be because no
      staffer mentions them. They're heavily used in our FHC --
      particularly since we lost the 1850 index at Ancestry.

      After all, if a name was on page 15 of the 1850 for Podunk
      County AL in 1850 and in 1972 and in 1990, chances are it's
      still there, no matter how old the index you used to find it.

      Cheryl (From Washington DC )

      --
      There should be no attachments on this message, unless I
      specifically mentioned them above.
      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 1 8:33 AM
        I personally have solved a copy of difficult research problems by using
        the index of early 1800 census' as found in the AIS. It is worth
        using. Nancy Hugo