Re:How is NewFamilySearch working?

  • Don Anderson
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2007
      --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "paulsstarrabbittree"
      There is currently a backlog in new FamilySearch for ordinances that
      were submitted via the TempleReady process on or after Jan 1, 2007.
      All ordinances prior to Jan 1, 2007 were loaded into new FamilySearch
      when the information was loaded to the database. The ordinances
      since then which were submitted via TempleReady are in process of
      being loaded.

      A note will shortly be sent to the family history consultants and
      family history center directors explaining this. Ordinances which
      are prepared in new FamilySearch will show up within a day once they
      are completed, but there will be a lag for those ordinances submitted
      via TempleReady since Jan 1, 2007. Should you have any questions
      about ordinances submitted either via TempleReady or the new
      FamilySearch please do not hesitate to contact FamilySearch support
      at 1-866-406-1830 or e-mail to support@....

      Don

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1, 2007
        Will any of these where the cards were printed at the
        temple show 'cleared' rather than dates? This example
        would only be the case if the submitter took the
        diskette to the temple and the temple printed the
        cards.

        --- Don Anderson <fhc@...> wrote:

        > --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "paulsstarrabbittree"
        >
        > There is currently a backlog in new FamilySearch for
        > ordinances that
        > were submitted via the TempleReady process on or
        > after Jan 1, 2007.
        > All ordinances prior to Jan 1, 2007 were loaded into
        > new FamilySearch
        > when the information was loaded to the database.
        > The ordinances
        > since then which were submitted via TempleReady are
        > in process of
        > being loaded.
        >
        > A note will shortly be sent to the family history
        > consultants and
        > family history center directors explaining this.
        > Ordinances which
        > are prepared in new FamilySearch will show up within
        > a day once they
        > are completed, but there will be a lag for those
        > ordinances submitted
        > via TempleReady since Jan 1, 2007. Should you have
        > any questions
        > about ordinances submitted either via TempleReady or
        > the new
        > FamilySearch please do not hesitate to contact
        > FamilySearch support
        > at 1-866-406-1830 or e-mail to
        > support@....
        >
        > Don
        >
        > <paulsstarrabbittree@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > What I don't know and hope someone can help me
        > test is: (I have got
        > > two different answers from "support" and another
        > answer from the
        > > temple)
        > > - None of my 70+ ordinance submitted since Dec
        > 2006 are in
        > > NewSearch, I would like it if someone not in St.
        > Louis temple
        > > district that has submmited in "TempleReady"
        > ordinance for clearing
        > > since Jan 2007 would share their information so I
        > could try to look-
        > > up and see if their ordinances are in new
        > FamilySearch. And if any
        > > one has submitted this last week (afterJune 26
        > 2007)I would also
        > like
        > > to check that too. My e-mail is
        > paulsstarrabbittree@...
        > >
        > > Also anyone in St Louis temple district that has
        > submitted
        > ordinances
        > > after dec 2006 maybe in danger of someone dupt.
        > your ordinances if
        > > they are using newFamilySearch and your ordinances
        > are not up. You
        > > may want to check and see if your ordinances are
        > up and if not safe
        > > guide them.

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
      • paulsstarrabbittree
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 1, 2007
          Thanks for your commits, Don. I had ask "support" about my missing
          ordnances and one answer was no ordnances after dec. 2006 using
          Temple ready was loaded. And it would take to the end of year before
          they would be loaded. The 2nd answer I got said since this was not
          a beta test all ordnances were uploaded except a few thousand they
          were having trouble with. When I went to the St. Louis temple they
          told me only our district and maybe some of the other districts that
          will soon get newFamilySearch are not upload from dec 2006 to now,
          and it would be about 8 months before they would come on line.
          So that's the reason I had ask for ordinances others had submitted
          using "temple Ready" since Jan and then since June 26 to see what
          ordinances are really on newFamilySearch ---so far I've got any
          takers so I don't really don't know how these situations are actually
          working. Any ordinances that is not on NewFamilySearch is in danger
          of possible being dupt. A big question is for the next 6 or 8 months
          will all ordinances prepared in temple ready not be load into new
          family search? And is that all ordinances submitted in the whole
          world or just a few areas since dec to now that's not loaded up.

          Rosemary

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 1, 2007
            So far I've only heard two districts, St. Louis, and
            Reno, NV. I haven't heard of any others although
            there is news if they say several more districts but
            didn't name names.

            Some of us should check with members we have worked
            with and see what if anything is either on or not on
            the system.

            Also, do the submitted names show up on the present
            site and not the 'new' site? That would be
            interesting to find out.

            I'm going to check a name I got just the other day in
            Provo to see if it's on the old system. Will
            follow-up right away.

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 2, 2007
              This was sent earlier directly to the list owner, I just re-post.

              I have found another situation that I think people need to be aware of.
              FamilySearch support tells me that they are working to fix this soon.

              Two of my ancestors showed missing sealings in the new FamilySearch.
              But I was able to find them in the old FamilySearch. Both sealings were
              done while the members were living but spouse and parents were by
              proxy. The temple records did not automatically combine with the
              membership records in the new FamilySearch. Since the living ordinance
              temple records do not have a death date, they are treated as living
              persons, and the records cannot be seen in the new FamilySearch. I
              emailed support about the first one which they combined for me, and it
              now shows up in new FamilySearch. They haven't combined the second one
              yet, as I imagine they are trying to fix this problem globally. So I
              reserved the ordinances so they don't get duplicated.

              Otherwise, the new FamilySearch is great!

              -Mike
              michael.bybee@...