FamilySearch Indexing Support

  • Steven Niedermeyer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 4:27 PM
      A question recently arose as to who volunteers participating in the
      FamilySearch Indexing project should contact for support. One of our FHC
      staff found this reference as part of the 1900 census indexing project:

      Missouri - 1900 U.S. Federal Census

      Getting Help

      These training materials describe the most common situations you will
      encounter as you index the 1900 US Census. However, new issues may surface,
      and you may have questions that are not answered here. If so, first contact
      your stake extraction director. Your stake extraction director can then
      contact Church headquarters. Together we can get you the help you need and
      revise the instructions if necessary.

      Directing LDS church members to our Stake Extraction Director for support
      makes perfect sense to us. We just wanted to clarify where we should send
      volunteer indexers who are not church members. If it is the Stake
      Extraction Director, perhaps an official memo clarifying their roll could be
      distributed.

      Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

      Brother and Sister Niedermeyer
      Bellingham, WA Stake FHC