Re: IGI ordinances difficult to find

  • jessiehearle
    Message 1 of 29 , May 9, 2007
      --- In FHCNET@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Templeman" <gtempleman1@...> wrote:

      > There is a simple explanation for the problem with the search for
      Robert
      > Fuller. The film # 962058 contains records for sealings only, not the
      > individual ordinances. When you did the search by film number, I
      suspect you
      > had the event field still listed as birth/christening. If you change
      the
      > event to all, he does show up, due to the sealing to spouse ordinance.
      So
      > even though the results page for the first search had his birth date
      and
      > ordinance information for baptism, endowment and sealing, the film
      number
      > referenced did not include the baptism and endowment date. Putting in
      the
      > film number limited the search to the marriage, where the original
      search
      > looked for everything in North America.

      Thanks Gary. The problem appears to be tied to the sealing issue--but
      more complicated.

      I thought it might be an issue of an ordinance date unlinked to an
      "secular" date, in this case, the date of legal marriage. For Robert
      Fuller, his birth and death dates appear, but marriage date does not,
      only sealing to spouse date.

      Look up Joshua Fuller and Mrs Hannah Fuller. Marriage date abt 1694,
      no place.--Does not show up unless you are signed in a member, even in
      "World Misc"

      Joshua Fuller Male Family
      Birth: 02 APR 1654 Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts
      Death: 27 JUN 1752

      LDS Ordinances:
      Baptism: 16 MAY 1931
      Endowment: 14 MAR 1933
      Sealing to Spouse: 02 OCT 1946 ARIZO

      Mrs. Hannah Fuller

      --------
      Parents:
      Father: John Fuller Family
      Mother: Elizabeth Cole

      Marriages:
      Spouse: Mrs. Hannah Fuller Family
      Marriage: About 1694
      Sealing to Spouse: 02 OCT 1946 Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona

      I know the issues of online ordinance dates being shown only to
      nonmembers--but I have had intermittent problems signing on--for
      instance, this morning if I try to log directly into FamilySearch using
      my User Name and password, I get an error message. This is an
      occasional but recurring problem. If I go thru Rootmagic, where my User
      name is already typed in for me, I can see ordinance dates. I do not
      know why FamilySearch will not let me log in except thru Rootsmagic, but
      I tried to log on with a different computer still could not login.

      Additionally, I have used the IGI as a paid genealogist to do research
      for nonmember clients--I know the data is not guaranteed to be accurate,
      but can be a pointer -- provide counties or states for followup
      verification.

      IIGI with Ordinance info for Joshua Fuller includes his birthplace &
      parents names--including mother's maiden name.

      Jessie Hearle, Bessemer AL FHC

      TempleReadyWindows (CDs)--Search Ordinance Index, North America Addendum

      FULLER, Robert Luther / SPEARS, Sarah Rebecca
      Marriage: 19 Jun 1946 Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona
      Sealing to Spouse: 19 Jun 1946 ARIZO
      Source: Record submitted by LDS Church member.
      Film #: 962058, Page #: , Ordinance #:
      Note: Relationships stated in original source.

      FULLER, Joshua / FULLER, Mrs. Hannah
      Marriage: Abt 1694 <Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts>
      Sealing to Spouse: 2 Oct 1946 ARIZO
      Source: Record submitted by LDS Church member.
      Film #: 962058, Page #: , Ordinance #:
      Note: Relationships stated in original source.

      not signed in, Ordinances will not appear, only my search parameters
      and hits.

      lines "[refine search] & Prepare selected records for download,"
      stripped, but otherwise unmodified from what I see during a search.

      Results for: Robert Fuller, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America (No Matches)

      Results for: Robert Fuller, Birth/Christening, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America (No Matches)

      Results for: Robert Fuller, Marriage, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America (No Matches)

      Results for: Robert Fuller, Death/Burial, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America (No Matches)

      Results for: Robert Fuller, Other Event, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America (No Matches)

      Results for: Fuller, World Misc.
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / World Misc. - 2
      Select records to download - (50 maximum)
      1. Louis Green Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Male Birth: 04 AUG 1873

      2. Myrtle Louisa Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: 21 SEP 1883

      Results for: Fuller, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America - 4
      Select records to download - (50 maximum)
      1. Prudence Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Marriage: 1813 <10 Aug 1850>

      2. Sarah Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: About 1695 Of, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts

      3. Abigail Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: About 1697 Of, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts

      4. Ruth Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: About 1699 Of, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts

      If I search thru Rootsmagic, (signed on as a member) I get the following
      results

      Results for: Fuller, North America
      Exact Spelling: Off
      Film Number: 962058
      International Genealogical Index / North America - 8
      Select records to download - (50 maximum)
      1. Prudence Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Marriage: 1813 <10 Aug 1850>

      2. Robert Luther Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Male Sealing to Spouse: 19 JUN 1946 Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona

      3. Mrs. Hannah Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Sealing to Spouse: 02 OCT 1946 Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona

      4. Sarah Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: About 1695 Of, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts

      5. Abigail Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: About 1697 Of, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts

      6. Ruth Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Birth: About 1699 Of, Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts

      7. Joshua Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Male Sealing to Spouse: 02 OCT 1946 Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona

      8. Jemima Fuller - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: Female Sealing to Spouse: 28 JUN 1946 Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona