Attn: Karen Bushman and Joan Raney

  • Linda Lieby
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2007
      Karen-

      My name is Linda Lieby. I am a FH consultant in Reno and was a
      participant in the beta test for the new website. We have not
      received anything (so far) about the training materials you referred
      to, so I am asking about the distribution methods. Will they be
      passed through the Family History Center directors (as the beta test
      invitation was) or will they be mailed directly to the consultants? I
      would like to get a head start, if possible, on the training in our
      area because I'm going to be moving soon and would like to have things
      in place here with the new consultants before I go. Thank you sooo
      much for posting this information. I can't wait to use the new system!

      Joan-

      If you don't mind my asking, where are you in North Carolina? We are
      going to be moving somewhere between Asheville and north Charlotte
      (anywhere west of highway 77), hopefully within the next few months.
      If you are anywhere within a reasonable driving distance, and assuming
      it would not break any rules, I would be more than happy to give you a
      heads up on the new system once I get back there- if it's not already
      in place there by that time. Were you a beta tester?

      You mentioned being in the Columbia Temple District, which sounds like
      you will be fairly close to where we are going. We are going back
      there specifically so that I can do more "hands on" research since
      many of my lines were concentrated in upstate SC, NC and VA. My 4th
      great-grandfather was Emmanuel Masters Murphy. He is mentioned on one
      of the Columbia Temple sites as being the first "unofficial"
      missionary in that area. Unfortunately, his lines are all confused and
      entrenched in incorrect family traditions, so I want to go back and
      clean them up. I'm sooo anxious to get back there and get busy!

      I look forward to hearing back from you both. Have a GREAT day!!!

      Linda Lieby