Re: [FHCNET] New signee to FHCNET

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
      Sandra wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I am Sandra. I live in Santaqin, Utah and I am a volunteer trainer at
      > the Santaquin Family History Center. It is a small Center servicing two
      > stakes. We have many new consultants in the wards. I am excited about
      > training them. I love family history and have been involved in one way
      > or another for over 35 years. My husband and I returned from a family
      > history/church history mission in Salt Lake City.
      > I have not had any experience with groups. This is only my second group
      > I have signed up with. I am looking forward to learning how the group
      > works. This appears to be a very beneficial way to help persons with
      > their family history. I have explored the files and have read some of
      > the messages and am impressed with the work I find here. I am looking
      > forward to being involved.
      >
      > Sincerely Building on the past,
      > Sandra

      Welcome aboard, Sandra!

      Cheryl Singhal, staff
      Washington DC FHC
      --
      There should be no attachments on this message, unless I
      specifically mentioned them above.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
        Welcome. The list has been pretty quiet of late. Maybe people are
        preoccupied by the holidays right now.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
          Hi Sandra, Welcome to the list. There is much that can be learned
          here. We welcome your participation and questions.
          Merry Christmas to you and all the other listees. Enjoy the season and
          the Reason.
          Dorothy Sargent in cool but snowless SD

          > Hello,
          > I am Sandra. I live in Santaqin, Utah and I am a volunteer trainer at the
          > Santaquin Family History Center. It is a small Center servicing two
          > stakes.
          > We have many new consultants in the wards. I am excited about training
          > them. I love family history and have been involved in one way or another
          > for over 35 years. My husband and I returned from a family history/church
          > history mission in Salt Lake City.
          > I have not had any experience with groups. This is only my second group I
          > have signed up with. I am looking forward to learning how the group works.
          > This appears to be a very beneficial way to help persons with their family
          > history. I have explored the files and have read some of the messages and
          > am impressed with the work I find here. I am looking forward to being
          > involved.
          >
          > Sincerely Building on the past,
          > Sandra

        • Allan Hale
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
            Welcome Sandra

            You are being very modest! You and your husband are a lot more than you let on!

            Allan

            RussellHltn <RussellHltn@...> wrote: Welcome. The list has been pretty quiet of late. Maybe people are

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
              Dear Allan and Marilyn Hale, and all else who read this email,

              It's good to hear from you. Can we talk about your latest project on this list? I hope so. We are excited about the new zone the Family History, Church History Mission is developing. We know Mike Hall very well and My husband and I want to work with you. My mother is getting the papers we need to fill out and I will be applying to be a service missionary working in your zone.
              This new zone will be working out of Orem which will be closer for me. The purpose of the zone as I understand it will be to help BYU in their project to digitize tons of biographies, etc. Is that correct? Tell us more about it, Allan.

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
                We are now the zone leaders for the Orem Digital Processing zone of the Family and Church History mission. Our facility is in the old Novel complex building Q in Orem (1200 N 600 E). Our task is to scan the family histories in the FHL and BYU FHC and put them on line in a production process. We eventually will be operating 24/5 1/2. The goal in 2007 is 10,000 tilles and 17,000 per year after that until all the books are eventually on line. You can view the initial effort at www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/ You will see a PDF image which is searchable due to an OCR scan. Hope you all get the jargon but what that really means is that the book image can be downloaded page by page or the whole book and it is every word searchable too.

                If any is interested in a Church Service Mission please do email me off list and I will get an application to you

                Elder Allan Hale
                HaleAB@...

                Sandra <sandrajarvisislds@...> wrote: Dear Allan and Marilyn Hale, and all else who read this email,