Re: Family History Consultant Training

  • Trudy Lundy
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 15, 2006
      Terry,

      I'm thankful for more input on this, Terry. Now, I'll tell you what is going on in my corner of the Church. My FHC director is making sure we are all registered and receiving the online training and emails. The new handbook says nothing about the directors training the staff -- and I am not speculating. Yes, the HPGLs will have a big responsibility and maybe they will do it this go-round as they had a similar one with the last handbook and in our stake they ignored it.

      I still believe that not all directors are trainers and not all directors even know the research process really well. Just because one is a FHC director does not make them a "trainer". Many directors have trainers that do the training. The family history consultants (and they are not "ward family history consultants" they are just "family history consultants") have access to many phases of training if they will just register so they can access those, so far, six lessons at the Church's Internet Learning System. There is more than weekly emails. The weekly emails have been sent to remind them to register. Have you visited the Church's Internet Learning System at https://lds.netdimensions.com/ -- perhaps you and other directors might want to do that so you can get trained and "train" in step with what the Church wants the consultants to know.

      Just my two cents worth. I realize we are all at various levels of knowledge, in the gospel and in our understanding of all these things.

      Trudy

    • C Hugo family
      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 1, 2007
        I personally have solved a copy of difficult research problems by using
        the index of early 1800 census' as found in the AIS. It is worth
        using. Nancy Hugo