FHC - Catalog software.

  • José Román González López
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1 8:43 AM
      Hi Michael:

      I'm would know what is the software that you just now are using to create cards "old DOS program", and where you obtain it?

      Thanks.

      JRGL.
      Mexico City.

      Michael W Benning wrote:
      I am seeking suggestion for a software package we can use to replace
      our FHC card catalog. The software we now use to create cards is an
      old DOS program that only one person knows how to use. We have to keep
      an old computer because only it can run the program.

      We would like a program that is easy to use and maintain. If we could
      run it on our server that would be good also.

      Any Suggestions?

    • José Román González López
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1 8:52 AM
        Hello Fred:

        What is "the Inventory Manager program from the church"?

        How I to have it?

        Thanks.

        JRGL.
        FHC No. 421-074 (Mx Cy Mx Cuautepec stake).

        "FRED E. MCCORMACK" wrote:
        Do you not have the Inventory Manager program from
        the church?

      • RussellHltn
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1 10:01 AM
          Inventory Manager is a program the Church gives to it's Family History
          Centers to order (via modem) Microfilms and Microfiche. At least that's how
          it's done in the U.S. Looking at your email address, I'm guessing you're in
          Mexico. I'm not sure what they do down there.

          There would also be an issue if you're not an official FHC sanctioned by
          SLC, but one the local leadership decided to put together.

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1 5:47 PM
            Hi Russell:

            Thanks for your reply.

            Yes, I'm in Mexico City. In our FHC now, we required our microfilms with a similar software as that you was described; we connect to INTERNET to order our microfilms, but with that software, we only have a table of information that contain the microfilms send to us and the microfilm that still in process.

            Best regards

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2 1:22 AM
              >>> we required our microfilms with a similar software as that you was
              described; we connect to INTERNET to order our microfilms, but with that
              software, we only have a table of information that contain the microfilms
              send to us and the microfilm that still in process. <<<

              Interesting. Inventory Manager still requires that we use dial-up modems.
              Sounds like you've got newer software then we do! Inventory Manager (IM)
              will allow us to inventory all of the center's microfilms and microfiche so
              it's possible to use it to see what we have, what is on order, and when we
              have to return things on loan. There might be a way to use it for books,
              but I don't know of any.
            • Alan Whitcomb
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2 7:13 AM
                Actually I may have mentioned on this list that we here in Euroland
                also use Open Office to prepare an order request, and then send an
                email to our Distribution Center. Actually his request motivates me
                to find something that will work with OpenOffice Base.

                Alan
                Pamplona

                On 12/2/05, RussellHltn <RussellHltn@...> wrote:
                > described; we connect to INTERNET to order our microfilms, but with that
                > software, we only have a table of information that contain the microfilms
                > send to us and the microfilm that still in process. <<<
                >

                > Interesting. Inventory Manager still requires that we use dial-up modems.
                > Sounds like you've got newer software then we do! Inventory Manager (IM)
                > will allow us to inventory all of the center's microfilms and microfiche so
                > it's possible to use it to see what we have, what is on order, and when we
                > have to return things on loan. There might be a way to use it for books,
                > but I don't know of any.

                > or send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • RussellHltn
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2 10:12 AM
                  OpenOffice has it's own scripting language so it shouldn't be too hard for a
                  programmer to automate that.