Re: [FHCNET] FamilySearch Login

  • Len Ingermanson
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2005
      RussellHltn wrote:

      >If I had to guess at the root problem, it would be based on the last login time. I don't log in all that often. I wonder if someone decided to purge the database of "inactives" when they copied it over but made a poor selection in criteria. Pure speculation, but conceivable.

      Unfortunately that is not the case for me, I think I use my log in way
      more than my wife. I was logging in almost every day for two weeks up
      until the servers were moved, updating names I had submitted to the
      temple the first of September. I, also, had to log in to check if work
      had been previously done before I submitted those names. I believe they
      are having server problems after the move. My wife read a message on
      FamilySearch.org that said temple work done after 21 Sep will not be on
      the IIGI until the later part of November due to server maintenance.
      Len Ingermanson
    • RussellHltn
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
        Not sure what's happening, but my login works again.

        The registration and forgotten password functions are still disabled due to
        "site maintenance".
      • Fred Provoncha
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
          Wish I could say that..(sigh)

          http://www.danasoft.com/sig/OnclePhred.jpg
          Regards, Fred
          www.provoncha.com
          www.rootsweb.com/~nyessex

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2005
            I think they're rationing access - sort of like the gas crisis during the '70s. Some of us get even days, some get odd. I must be odd. <g>

            =====================
            From: Fred Provoncha <unclefvp@...>
            Date: Tue Nov 01 17:56:10 CST 2005
            To: FHCNET@yahoogroups.com

            Wish I could say that..(sigh)

            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/OnclePhred.jpg
            Regards, Fred
            www.provoncha.com
            www.rootsweb.com/~nyessex

            > Not sure what's happening, but my login works again.

          • S. Hoover
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 2, 2005
              At our FHC today I was able to log on to FamilySearch.org with our new hp computer we just received from SLC this summer but was not able to get onto FamilySearch.org with our older Dell computer. Susan, TC FHC

              >If I had to guess at the root problem, it would be based on the last login time. I don't log in all that often. I wonder if someone decided to purge the database of "inactives" when they copied it over but made a poor selection in criteria. Pure speculation, but conceivable.

              Unfortunately that is not the case for me, I think I use my log in way
              more than my wife. I was logging in almost every day for two weeks up
              until the servers were moved, updating names I had submitted to the
              temple the first of September. I, also, had to log in to check if work
              had been previously done before I submitted those names. I believe they
              are having server problems after the move. My wife read a message on
              FamilySearch.org that said temple work done after 21 Sep will not be on
              the IIGI until the later part of November due to server maintenance.
              Len Ingermanson

              or send blank email to FHCNET-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Family history center Family home Familysearch

            • Fred Provoncha
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 3, 2005
                Possibly because you need to refresh the web page on the older
                computer?
                When I try to login with my id, I get a return code 12,
                when I try to log in with my Wife's id, I get a return code 11...?
                (Both continue to fail)