20918

  • maxine nelson
    May 29, 2008
      I have a question. Someone sent me a manuscript/document listing seven
      generations of my husband's ancestor. It is well written and documented
      (and some of it I suspect was obtained from me in the first place.) I
      know I can't submit the generations now living, and I can submit the
      earlier generations which includes my husband' mother, grnother,
      gg-gmother, etc. But where is the dividing line? Which of their
      descendants can I properly submit? I don't want to offend anyone by
      submitting 'their' close relatives or violate the law of privacy.
      Maybe cutoff date of born 110 years ago and/or has a death date? I
      am comfortable with that. Children born starting in 1910 are probably
      too modern for me to submit unless they are close relatives?
      I don't want to offend anybody, but I don't want to leave anyone
      out. I have found quite a few people that are 'cousins' from a common
      ancestor.
      I have found a few e-mail addresses I sent to for questions I had.
      No replies yet.
      Thanks.
      Maxine in NW Kansas
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic