Armor Day, 2 May 2010

  • Scott Bradley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2010

      Greetings,

      Sorry for the uber late notice.

      Please pass this message along to anyone you think would be interested.   There are several new people I do not have e-mail address’ for, could those listed please forward this to the folks listed below.  PLEASE NOTE, there will be a price increase for any new suits of armor started from this point forward.  I recently audited the costs of all the materials that go into a set of barrel plastic armor.  So am I need increase the cost to $55 to cover my own expenses.   All of you who have already started, I will honor the old price.

                      Gavin – Forward this Jim, Judo, etc.

                      Nick - Forward to your guys.

      I am opening up my garage Sunday, May 2nd, from 9 am until 2 pm-ish.  I will be teaching how to make plastic armor to help get fighters on the field faster.  If you want to make a suit I just ask $55 to cover the cost of materials.  I have blue and black barrels right now, if ever want to get your own CLICK HERE or contact Brigita, listed below.  You want to get the 55 gallon reconditioned poly drums.  Note that it will take up to 20 hours to finish an entire suit of plastic armor.  If you can’t afford the $55 right now whatever you make is considered loaner armor and I expect you to return it once you are done with it.

      Also feel free to bring by armor you have been working on or needs fixing and we will try to help.

      For those of you who already have armor, I need help working with all the new people.  Please bring tools.

      If you don’t have time or are unavailable when I open up my garage infrequently check out the webpage I have been working on with instructions on how to make plastic barrel armor.  It is only partially completed but it might be enough to get you started.

      http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/Boris/armor/plasticarmor.htm

      6295 Henshire Court

      Centerville, OH 45459

      Cell: 937-620-0821

       Also for those who would prefer more period armor please keep in mind I am not the only local person who can help you get in armor.  To the best of my knowledge the artisans below can either help you build or sell you armor.   They are all busy people so I suggest you speak to the at fighter practice to see if they can help you.

      Brigita, (brigita.gescheid@...) 937-532-9153  (Plastic Armor)

      Syr Kyppyn Kirkcaldy: Black Tower Enterprises: (Leather Armor)

      Syr Gunnar Redboar (Leather armor)

      Capt. Boris Movila

      Chief of Staff, Midrealm Army

    • Berdanier
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2010
        Also to let you newbies know that you are all welcome to come over to the SCA birthday bash after your armouring session too!

        It goes on rain or shine.  All that I ask is that you bring some food to share and a drink for yourselves.  We will be running all afternoon and probably into the evening.

        3909 Creekway Trl.
        Dayton, OH 45440

        Ta,
        Cathryn, Rees, and family

        To: FG_Newcomers@yahoogroups.com; pkalliance@yahoogroups.com; fg-combat@...
        From: sbradley3@...
        Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 23:49:11 -0400
        Subject: [FG_Newcomers] Armor Day, 2 May 2010

        Brigita, (brigita.gescheid@ gmail.com) 937-532-9153  (Plastic Armor)

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2010
          Oh - and this is not in garb unless you really want to be!

          Cat
          (sorry forgot to change the title last time too - I'm kind of in a hurry to get ready to party)

          To: fg_newcomers@yahoogroups.com