RE: Armor Day, 3 April 2010

  • Scott Bradley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010

      By popular request there will also be sewing offered indoors during armor day going from about 1 pm until 8 pm.  Details below.

      Nothing formal, but if you bring your own fabric, those present with sewing skills will help you cut out and start sewing one of two basic garments.  Either a Barony of Flaming Gryphon Fighting tabard or a basic T-tunic you could wear to events.  If you show up without fabric either you will be going on a field trip to pick some up or you will be learning techniques on scrap material.

      Fabric Guide

      ·         Flaming Gryphon Fighting Tabard: 3 to 3.5 yards (for average size person, more if you are taller or bigger) Yellow and White fabric, made from heavy cotton, Duck or Trigger, avoid any synthetic fabrics, they will not breath and will be hot in the summer.   Example photo: http://www.paragonkeep.com/images/PF_46a.JPG

      ·         T-Tunic: 3.5 yards (average size person) Try to get linen or cotton.  Brocades are okay, prints don’t look period.  Again avoid synthetics or blends.  They will make you hot.  Also avoid shiny fabrics.  Also buy a spoil of all purpose thread to match.  Example photo: http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/Boris/images/DSCF0285thumb.jpg

      ·         Make sure you wash and dry your fabric before you bring it so that is already shrunk before you sew it, otherwise your garment will shrink into funny shapes the first time you wash it.

      For those of you who come and are not making garb and if you want to help we could use extra sewing machines and even donated fabric

      Capt. Boris Movila

      Chief of Staff, Midrealm Army