GPI waste-to-fuel validated by military; GAP regauging; Raw News Hopper; Tesla & 2012 in Alphabetics

  • Sterling D. Allan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2010

      'Free Energy' News
      http://FreeEnergyNews.com

      Sunday, February 21, 2010

      • Featured: News > Raw Hoppers
        Raw News Hopper -- Free Energy News -- Feb. 21, 2010 - This page contains items I placed in my news hopper, intending to format them for inclusion in the news, but limitations of having only so many hours in a day prevented it. Rather than have them go unannounced altogether, I present them here in a raw format. There are some great gems here. (FreeEnergyNews; Feb. 21, 2010) (Comments)
      • Plastic / Solar > PV

        Low-cost, more efficient solar cells mostly plastic - By growing arrays of silicon wires in a polymer substrate, researchers at Caltech have demonstrated what they say are flexible solar cells that absorb up to 96 percent of incident light and harvest over 90 percent quantum efficiency, compared with 25 percent for the best silicon solar cells. The wires are made up of 98 percent plastic, potentially lowering the cost of photovoltaics by using just 1/50th the amount of semiconductor material used today. (EETimes; Feb. 18, 2010)

      Saturday, February 20, 2010

      • Alt Fuel > Biofuel > Algae

        Pentagon Developing Cost-Competitive Algae For Jet Fuel - DARPA has announced that they will soon be able to transform algae into biofuel at costs that are competitive with fossil fuels at a cost of $3 dollars a gallon for jet fuel; and their plan is to then develop a large-scale refinery that can produce around 50 million gallons per year. (Inhabitat; Feb. 17, 2010)

      Friday, February 19, 2010

      • Featured: Alt Fuel > Biomass / Non-Fossil Oil > W2E

        title="Directory:Green Power Inc's NanoDiesel:Catalytic Pressureless Depolymerization (Oiling)" href="http://www.peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Green_Power_Inc's_NanoDiesel:Catalytic_Pressureless_Depolymerization_(Oiling)">GPI

        GPI's waste-to-fuel process validated by U.S. military - Green Power Inc. has had the U.S. military test the input/output volumes and quality of their municipal-waste and biomass-to-fuel plant, validating that it produces as GPI has stated. U.S. sales may finally take off, and bureaucratic resistance will hopefully melt away. (PESN; Feb. 19, 2010) (Comments)
      • Humor > Rube Goldberg Samples >
        Ultimate Rube Goldberg (video) - If you ever wondered what an engineer does when he's been layed off from a job, take a look. Produced by Baynham & Tyers (more videos on their site), but not as a publicity stunt, as that company is no longer active, founded by two Manufacturing Engineering graduates from Cambridge.

      Thursday, February 18, 2010

      • Thermal Electric / Human-Powered

        Human heat can power electronics - New energy-scavenging systems under development at MIT could generate electricity just from differences in temperature between the body (or other warm object) and the surrounding air, harnessing differences of just one or two degrees, producing tiny (~100 microwatts) but nevertheless useful amounts of electricity. (GizMag; Feb. 17, 2010)
      • Global Warming / Cooling

        Utah delivers vote of no confidence for 'climate alarmists' - The Utah State Assembly has passed a resolution decrying climate change alarmists and urging "the United States Environmental Protection Agency to immediately halt its carbon dioxide reduction policies and programs and withdraw its 'Endangerment Finding' and related regulations until a full and independent investigation of climate data and global warming science can be substantiated." (Guardian; UK; Feb. 12, 2010) (HJR 12)

      Wednesday, February 17, 2010

      • Memo: We pulled the Feb. 17, 2009 PESN story about the Perendev-like magnet motor replica in order to wait until validation has taken place. Thanks for understanding. -- Sterling

      Tuesday, February 16, 2010

      • Featured: Nikola Tesla >
        Nikola Tesla in Alphabetics Bible Code - A look at the years of Tesla's death and birth, as well as the room number in the New Yorker where he passed away, reveals some fascinating commentary on this phenomenal inventor whose work is still being brought into fruition to transform our world -- again. (GreaterThings; Feb. 16, 2010) (Comment)
      • Alt Fuel

        href="http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Grease_Power">Grease / Biodiesel

        2009 PopSci Invention Award: A Generator That Runs on Kitchen Grease - The nondescript six-foot-tall box behind Finz restaurant in Dedham, Massachusetts, looks like a tool shed, but actually it's a self-contained grease refinery and five-kilowatt generator. Engineer James Peret's Vegawatt is the first all-in-one device that processes grease to continuously provide a building with electricity and hot water. (Popular Science; May 28, 1009)
      • Awards

        Apply for 2010 Popular Science Invention Award - "We’re looking for game-changing products that come from the passionate drive of independent inventors. PopSci editors will pick 10 inventions that best represent the spirit of homegrown ingenuity and solve real-world problems in a practical and innovative way. Submission deadline Feb. 19. (Populare Science; Feb. 2, 2010)

      Monday, February 15, 2010

      • Featured: Conspiracy

        2012 in Alphabetics Bible Code - "The words and numbers corresponding to 2012 and 1221 (Dec. 21, 2012) in the Old and New Testament Hebrew and Greek lexicons as well as the English dictionary tie into the idea of a great transformation to take place." Too much spare time on your hands, Sterling? Not hardly. (GreaterThings; Feb. 15, 2010) (Comments)
      • Nanotech / Solar > R&D

        Scientists turn light into electrical current using a golden nanoscale system - Material scientists at the University of Pennsylvania have demonstrated the transduction of optical radiation to electrical current in a molecular circuit. The system, an array of nano-sized molecules of gold, respond to electromagnetic waves by creating surface plasmons that induce and project electrical current across molecules, similar to that of photovoltaic solar cells. (PhysOrg; February 12, 2010 )

      We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with SEES, Inc. for you, as one of our valued relationships, to get a FREE Energy Audit, plus you'll receive a FREE Energy Guide and FREE Green Energy Talk Magazine, all designed to help homeowners lower their energy bills and help the planet go green.

      We love the Free Energy Audit: fill out the simple form and you will be presented with a 10-20 page detailed analysis of ways you can make your home more energy efficient. You will also receive a list of all of the incentives, rebates and grants available for your ZIP Code.

      Click http://www.solarEESI.com/?afid=126358018633 to learn how you can start saving money today.

      There is no cost or obligation and you can opt out of future emailings at any time.

      Thank you.

      Sterling D. Allan
      Your partner in Green Energy Efficiency