1Feb. 27, 2006

  • Sterling D. Allan
    Feb 26, 2006
      'Free Energy' News
      http://FreeEnergyNews.com
      (Go here for links to stories below, if you don't get this by HTML)

      Electricity - Make it, Don't buy it - Biodiesel in back yard
      http://pesnetwork.netw6000.hop.clickbank.net/ - Electricity - Make it, Don't buy it - eBook shows you how to set up your own electric company running on biodiesel fuel in your back yard.

      Monday, Feb. 27, 2006
      1235732 cumulative visits; 05:17 am GMT/UTC

      • Organizations
        > New Energy Movement
        receives 501(c)3 status
        - Having applied nine months ago, NEM will now be able to receive grants from foundations and other organizations that require the 501c3 status, according to Joel Garbon, NEM president, and founding member of New Energy Congress. (Feb. 25, 2006)

      • Ethanol

        href="http://peswiki.com/index.php/Article:Methanol_--_Ethanol's_Sister_Product">Methanol -- Ethanol's Sister Product
        - Ethanol can be an even more effective energy alternative to petroleum if the unused portion of the crop are used to create methanol. (PESWiki; Feb. 26)

      Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006
      1233961 cumulative visits; 06:03 am GMT/UTC

      • Tidal
        > Water Wall Turbine
        - Massive paddle wheel turns close to the speed of the water, not endangering the fish, while efficiently converting tidal flow into electricity.  Installation cost in the range of 1000 USD/KW for a 40 MW unit, with 1 year to production.  Energy production in range of 3 cents / kW-h. Moving parts are ~4 m above water.  (PESWiki; Feb. 24)
      • Biodiesel

        href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,1659036,00.html">The most destructive crop on earth is no solution to the energy crisis
        - George Monbiot points out that the demand for biodiesel is going beyond recycling the fat from frying potatoes. To meet this demand, the crop being planted is palm trees, for which forests are being cut down. (Guardian.uk; Dec. 6, 2005) (Thanks Mary-Sue Haliburton)
      • Efficiency Group Lists Cleanest Vehicles for 2006 - The American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy has updated its list of the "greenest" vehicles for 2006, and an ultra-clean version of the Honda Insight has stolen the lead from its constant competitor, the natural-gas-powered Honda Civic GX. (Renewable Energy Access; Feb. 23)
      • Events > Green Events Calendar - The most populated calendar I've ever seen in this field, and related.  Loaded with listings, several every day, from around the world. (Zerofootprint)

      Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006
      1232203 cumulative visits; 06:55 am GMT/UTC

      • Top 100:
        Fuel Efficiency > Fuel Additive by BioPerformance, Inc.
        - Non-toxic, non-flammable, biodegradable enzyme catalyst sold in pill or powder form to be added to the fuel tank is said to increase in mileage from between 20% - 40%.  Also acts as lubricant, dispersant, and cleaning detergent. (PESWiki)
      • Top 100:
        Solar Hydrogen
        > Mutant Algae Is Hydrogen Factory
        - Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley have engineered a strain of green microalgae that could, with further refinements, produce vast amounts of hydrogen through photosynthesis.  The breakthrough also could have application in a wide range of products, from biodiesel to cosmetics. (PESWiki; Feb. 24)
      Hot Rock Energy diagram by Petratherm.com
      • Poll > Weekly delivery day and Monthly version interest - Select your preference for the best day of the week for delivery of a weekly version of what is now a daily newsletter by FreeEnergyNews.com.  Would you switch to weekly from daily version?  Would you subscribe to a monthly magazine version? (subscribe to weekly) (subscribe to daily)

      Friday, Feb. 24, 2006
      1229970 cumulative visits; 06:35 am GMT/UTC

      • Ball Lightning > Mysterious Ball Lightning Created in the Lab - Researchers from the University of Tel Aviv in Israel created a laboratory version of ball lightning using a "microwave drill." The device consists of a 600-watt magnetron taken from a domestic microwave oven and uses a powerful microwave beam to bore through solid objects. (LiveScience / YahooNews; Feb. 23) (Thanks Gary Vesperman, NEC)
      • PAC > Promote New Energy Solutions in Your State - The Apollo Alliance (U.S.) has produced a new report of proven state-based solutions to break America's dependence on foreign energy sources and create millions of new American jobs. You are encouraged to share these clean energy solutions with your Governor today.
      • Finance

        href="http://www.freeenergynews.com/Directory/Finance/EGIA_hot_water_small_PV_financing.pdf">EGIA.org Provides Hot Water and Small Photovoltaic Financing (pdf)
        - (U.S.) Provides solar retailers the ability to sell a solar solution with an offer of one year with no interest and no payments, which gives the customer the chance to receive their federal tax credit and/or rebate and apply it to their financed balance. (fax from EGIA.org; Feb. 22)
      • Super-Repellent Plastic - With GE's new plastic, self-washing buildings, cheap diagnostic chips, and free-flowing honey jars are possible. (MIT Technology Review; Feb. 22)

      Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006
      1227583 cumulative visits; 07:39 am GMT/UTC

      • Top 100 / Featured: Organizations

        Potomac Energy Projects, LLC - Group is pursuing a major research project to develop an electrical generator that only requires liquid nitrogen to operate. Research involves superconductivity, magnetic energy, and flux gates for harnessing Zero Point Energy. (PESWiki; Feb. 22)
      Potomac Energy Projects
      • Magnet Motors > Sprain claims over unity magnet motor - Electromagnet is used to pump the rotor past the magnetic lock-up point, to keep it spinning. Inventor claims that the amount of energy required to provide this kick is less than the amount of energy produced by the torque. U.S. patent awarded Oct. 2005. (PESWiki; Feb. 22)
      Sprain Magnet Motor
      • Quotes
        > "We are more ready to try the untried when what we do is
        inconsequential. Hence the fact that many inventions had their birth as toys." -- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983) (Thanks Susan Carter)
      • Exposing Children to Technology? - Discussion on the question: "What type of tools should parents be equipping their children with, today, to help them be successful in the world?" (Slashdot; Feb. 22)
      Exploring Energy with Toys
      • Fuel Cells > CleanFuelCellEnergy.com - Provides fuel cell information, gifts, MEAs, catalysts, membranes, fuel cell stacks and other fuel cell related items; for the research novice to scientists.
      • (Tesla Turbine) / Conservation
        > Uneven surfaces
        conserve fuel

        - Tiny regular bumps on a surface, such as the wing of an airplane, can substantially reduce total air resistance, and thereby the consumption of fuel according to wind tunnel tests at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. (PhysOrg; Feb. 22)
        [This is a corollary principle to why a Tesla turbine works.]

      Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2006
      1225214 cumulative visits; 07:05 am GMT/UTC

      • Electromagnetic

        href="http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Joseph_Flynn's_Parallel_Path_technology#Papers">Flynn PP > Joe Flynn’s Parallel Path Magnetic Technology
        - Article by Tim Harwood, who ran a successful replication project. Versions of the article were published in 2003 in Nexus magazine and New Energy Technologies magazine. (PESWiki; Feb. 21)
      • Peak Oil > Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery - Allows the recovery of a significant percentage of the 67% of oil trapped in oil fields. The added cost to recover trapped oil is very low and affordable. (PESWiki; Feb. 21)
      • Trends

        href="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/21/politics/main1334439.shtml?cmp=EM8707">Bush Visits Renewable Energy Lab
        - President Bush on Tuesday acknowledged that Washington has sent "mixed signals" to one of the nation's premiere labs studying renewable energies — by first laying off, then reinstating, 32 workers just before his visit. (CBS News; Feb. 21) (and Reuters)

      Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2006
      1223127 cumulative visits; 14:06 pm GMT/UTC

      • Top 100:
        Solar

        SA thin film solar eclipses others - South African solar panels consist of a thin layer approximately five microns thick (a human hair is 20 microns thick) of a unique metal alloy that converts light into energy at a fraction of the cost. The photo-responsive alloy can operate on virtually all flexible surfaces. (PESWiki; Feb. 11, 2006) (Thanks Terry Sisson and others)
      • Trends > Bush: U.S. on Verge of Energy Breakthrough - Saying the nation is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that would "startle" most Americans, President Bush on Monday outlined his energy proposals to help wean the country off foreign oil.  (ZPEnergy; quoting from YahooNews; Feb. 20, 2006) [Visits Ovonics]