RE: [FARHTML] h3 toc steps

  • Robert Chandler
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 12:46 AM

      Hi Linda

      Once the source is kicked into shape using mshcMigrate (no XML errors; no empty TOC nodes; no duplicate TOC nodes etc)
      then I would take that as my new VS 2005/2008 source (after mshcMigrate (and your fixes) everything in _HelpSource is now valid
      vs 2005\vs2008\vs2011 help source).
      Then when you want to publish to 2011 you just zip it up without the Nav files (and for VS2005\2008 you just compile to HxS).

      In the event that you add a new topic … you would either:
      - carefully copy in the Meta data with a unique Topic ID and correct TocParent ID. Then use FAR TOC Editor to export your HxT and HxK out to the Topic files.

      Or

      - You just ram the whole thing through mshcMigrate.exe (an overnight build) and there is your .mshc file ready for the installer.

      Yes an XML editor would be fine. It’s mostly about correct XML syntax. This is because they load and parse into .NET XML classes.

      Hope your wrist comes good soon.

      Rob

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 7:10 AM
        Thanks, Rob. I was hoping for a magic bullet around XML errors, as I haven't got into XML yet, and just want to turn this one in. However, the best way to do something is to go straight at it, so I'll dig in. Appreciate your guidance.