different output from one project file

  • jan.blessenohl
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
      Hi

      I am using HxC as central project file to generate my help. I would
      like a set up a process to generate HxS, chm and standalone html from
      this project by an automized process.

      Are there any hints how to convert the HxC to a HPP in a batch process?

      Thanks

      Jan
    • Rob Chandler
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
        Hi Jan
        The project file (HxC) is a fairly simple thing.
        Personally I just convert my TOC and Index using FAR
        then open the FAR Help Wizard and create a
        brand new HHP in the same folder as the HHC/HHK/HxT/ HxK.

        I do the same thing with FAR -- once you've done it once its
        done, then you can compile the CHM and HxC and make Uncompressed
        pretty easily. If you need some tips let me know.
        Rob

        At 06:05 AM 6/02/2007, jan.blessenohl wrote:

        >Hi
        >
        >I am using HxC as central project file to generate my help. I would
        >like a set up a process to generate HxS, chm and standalone html from
        >this project by an automized process.
        >
        >Are there any hints how to convert the HxC to a HPP in a batch process?
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Jan
      • Rob Chandler
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
          Are there any hints how to convert the HxC to a HPP in a batch process?

          Sorry to answer you exact question... re Batch processing.
          I guess there are many creative ways to do this.

          Here's one...
             1. Have a standard template .HHP file
             2. Copy the file to the project folder
             3. Use FAR Batch find and replace to change the
                 place holder filenames to correct names.

          Does that help?

          What about the [FILES] list in the HHP?
          There is a batch command

          MakeHHP=xxx.hhp

          This command takes the current file list and adds the files (relative paths) to the [FILES] section of an existing HHP file (replaces the list). The HHP file must exist already in the file lists base folder.

          Rob
        • jan.blessenohl
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
            The HxC file already contains the file list, is there a way to reuse
            it? As I said that is my master file.

            The next step is to create the h1 toc and index file from the
            existing h2 files.

            The compile the chm.

            The third step is again reusing the file list from the HxC to copy
            the content to a new dir and generate the frame for my stand alone
            html.

            I really stuck in the file list generation.

            Jan

            Here is like my script may be look like:

            [default]
            h2compile
            makeh1proj
            makeh1toc
            makeh1index
            makeh0filestructure

            [h2compile]
            BatchCompile = "d:\test\farscript.fbat"
            BatchCompile_LogFile = "d:\test\MyLogFile.log"
            BatchCompile_LogLevel = "3"
            BatchCompile_ShowLog = "n"
            ; how can I fill the file list from HxC file?

            [makeh1proj]
            ;reuse list from [h2compile] to update hhp
            MakeHHP=test.hpp

            [makeh1toc]
            ; convert h2 toc to h1 toc

            [makeh1index]
            ; convert h2 index to h1 index

            [h1compile]
            ; compile generated hpp file

            [makeh0filestructure]
            ; copy all necessary files to a temp dir (file list from HxC file)

            [h0compile]
            ; generate frames for stand alone html
          • Rob Chandler