Compare context-sensitive numbers in two .chm files

  • debbydk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2006
      Is it possible to make sure that the topics in two .chm files have the
      same context-sensitive numbers?

      I'm using FAR 400.621. How would I go about doing this task?

      Thanks very much.
    • Rob Chandler [MVP]
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2006
        --- In FARHTML@yahoogroups.com, "debbydk" <dm@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to make sure that the topics in two .chm files have
        the
        > same context-sensitive numbers?
        >
        > I'm using FAR 400.621. How would I go about doing this task?
        >
        > Thanks very much.

        Hi Deb

        This is CHM compare? It only compares the user created content not
        the compiler created binary files.

        What I do is make sure the Alias and Context include files, as well
        as the HHP, are all added to the CHM (via the [FILES] section at
        compile time). Then these can be compared as well.

        But let's say you only have 2 CHMs and no source...
        I would use keyTools (free from http://KeyWorks.net) and
        decompile the CHM. KeyTools can recreated the HHP file and
        I'm pretty sure it also constructs the Ccntext info as well.
        Once you have 2 HHP files you can do a compare using any
        file compare tool.

        FAR HH Utils windows > Text HH API page -- list the Context IDs of
        the current CHM in a drop down. But this cannot be exported out.

        Actually in HH Utils ... Double click on the #IVB file (to open the
        Help File Explorer). It will list the context IDs encoded in the
        #IVB binary file.

        Hopefully something there will get you out of trouble.

        Cheers
        Rob