Re: [FA175-3introductiontodrawing09-10] Digest Number 17

(33)
  • Christina Dy
    Oct 1, 2009 Expand Messages
      Hello!

      I hope everyone's ok.

      About the exhibit-- please don't worry about it so much. I'd rather everyone volunteer at the covered courts than worry about the exhibit.

      Ok so anyway-- guys, no final exams which means no class exhibit.
      However, those who wish to raise their grade may submit a final drawing.
      As stated in our VP's guidelines, other requirements assigned before are still to be collected-- so the papers on the exhibits are still to be submitted. However, as a bonus, I'm just requiring you to write one. If you haven't written any yet (but I hope you have, because I gave you this requirement at the start of the sem), write about the show in the Ateneo Art Gallery, which you can visit before/after you volunteer at the relief center. If you've submitted your papers, the extra ones will be counted as extra points. I am not forcing you to volunteer but it might be a good idea to do so.

      I'll e-mail your grades by tomorrow so you can determine whether you want to do extra work or not.

      The money that we were supposed to spend on the exhibit maybe we can just donate as a class? If there are classes on Tuesday then let's meet for a bit to clarify things, and then maybe we can spend the rest of the class time volunteering at the covered courts? What do you guys think?

      Lastly, if any of you need any help in any way, please let us know. If you lost your laptop, your drawings, etc, let me know. If your area's flooded and you can't go out to see an exhibit, let me know. Let's all help each other.

      There's word of another typhoon coming so please be careful guys. Take care.

      CD

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:20 AM, <FA175-3introductiontodrawing09-10@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

      1a.
      Exhibit if tuloy From: Finness Calacal
      1b.
      Re: Exhibit if tuloy From: Mark Francis Carandang
      1c.
      Re: Exhibit if tuloy From: Kenneth Umali
      1d.
      Re: Exhibit if tuloy From: do2xacuna
      1e.
      Re: Exhibit if tuloy From: Emmanuel Ramos

      Messages

      1a.

      Exhibit if tuloy

      Posted by: "Finness Calacal" pin8ac@...   pin8ac

      Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:19 am (PDT)

      Allo, guys. our committee (guestbook-title card- price list) committee will
      be spending about 500 pesos without the food (kami na bahala rito), without
      the foam board for the title cards thing. We'll post a more detailed
      breakdown of the possible costs within the week hopefully, when we get the
      estimate for the guestbook binding. I think it's 150 pesos rush na iyon at
      hardbound.
      MARK of promos or any promo guy, can you please forward us Kristine's design
      for the poster so we can convert it into the guestbook's cover? Thanks.

      DODONG or any venues person please reserve a standee or table for the
      guestbook/price list?

      I hope everyone's doing well.

      Again, your works' titles, description and the name you want to use by
      Tuesday.

      With much love,
      Pin
      --
      FINNESS CALACAL
      AB Communications 2009

      Re: Exhibit if tuloy

      Posted by: "Mark Francis Carandang" magatsu_blade@...   magatsu_blade

      Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 am (PDT)

[...]

      New Email names for you!
      Hurry before someone else does!
      http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/ph/
      1c.

      Re: Exhibit if tuloy

      Posted by: "Kenneth Umali" jkukenneth@...   jkukenneth

      Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:26 pm (PDT)

      1. First of all, here's to hoping everyone and their families from class is all right.

      2. Kung tuloy nga ang exhibit, I just want to share with the class a problem we have been experiencing with with the venue (but there may not be such a problem, I'm really not sure). Two weeks ago, the Logistics committee already reserved the Exhibit Hall from Oct 3-9. We asked for Xander's signature (Xander is the Fine Arts secretary) for approval, then he took the reservation form from us and said he would just let us know. The following week, we kept bugging him about the place but he said he couldn't really give us a formal "OK" of the place yet,  but he said it's more or less a GO.

      Xander is pretty scary, so we don't really bug him too much. All we could do is just wait for a response from him, since he took into his own hands the reservation of the venue. Obviously, we didn't bug him for the last few days, but we will still tactfully keep asking him on YM or by text, and will keep the group posted until next week, that which is supposedly our exhibit week already. We really hope that by Monday, the venue is already formally reserved for us.

      3. The set-up we envision is only possible if we get the Fine Arts Exhibit Hall. Our exhibit is supposedly practical and affordable, and hopefully we could set up by Monday.

      Please bear with my verbal description, as we were not able to scan the exhibit layout before giving it to Xander.

      There will be four rows for our works, two of which are back-to-back. There will be two pairs of rows that would face each other, and the space between them will be the path for our audience. We'll be hanging yarn from the bars in the hall's ceiling and tape them to the floor. We'll tape illustration boards in between yarns to act as the frame for the projects. These would be the works in the middle of the room. The 2 window sides would also serve as spots for our works. I sort of forgot the exact number, but I think the back to back rows in the middle have 12 slots, 6 each side, and the two wall sides have 7 slots each. Unahan na lang siguro sa pwesto.

      Regarding DIMENSIONS of the works. Since we are standardizing things, we assume that everyone would use the paper that Ms. Dy suggested. Also, if you are to get a back-to-back slot for your work, and your work would be horizontal or vertical, coordinate with someone who has a similar orientation to back-to-back with (if that is how you say it?). The yarn is easy to adjust anyway.

      4. I'm not really the committee head, but I'll talk to Dodo if Logistics would buy everything and just tell the class how much. I think this is most probably what would happen anyway. Unless you want to buy your own frames? Just let us know through Y!Groups.

      Get your preferred Email name!
      1d.

      Re: Exhibit if tuloy

      Posted by: "do2xacuna" do2xacuna@...   do2xacuna

      Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:28 pm (PDT)

      Haha it is Dodo... Anyways yeah to Finness Calacal, I believe we reserved a table or two (or three, I don't remember) for the food and other stuff. And to Kenneth Umali FTW, aside from yarn, tape, illustration boards what else do we need? Can you list them down here? I think it would be better easier if we buy them. Let's just talk about who will buy what.

      1e.

      Re: Exhibit if tuloy

      Posted by: "Emmanuel Ramos" jewangkets22@...   jewangkets22

      Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:11 pm (PDT)

      What sizes would the illustration boards be if ever?

      Manman

      Haha it is Dodo... Anyways yeah to Finness Calacal, I believe we reserved a table or two (or three, I don't remember) for the food and other stuff. And to Kenneth Umali FTW, aside from yarn, tape, illustration boards what else do we need? Can you list them down here? I think it would be better easier if we buy them. Let's just talk about who will buy what.

      Feel safer online. Upgrade to the new, safer Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! to put your mind at peace. It&#39;s free. Get IE8 here! http://downloads.yahoo.com/sg/internetexplorer/
      Biz Resources

      Y! Small Business

      Articles, tools,