Oscar Nominations Out!

  • jayenks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      Costume Design:
      Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Gabriella Pescucci
      Memoirs of a Geisha - Colleen Atwood
      Mrs. Henderson Presents - Sandy Powell
      Pride and Prejudice - Jacqueline Durran
      Walk the Line - Arianne Phillips

      Also of note:

      Best Art Direction:
      Good Night and Good Luck
      Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
      King Kong
      Memoirs of a Geisha
      Pride and Prejudice

      Cinematography:
      Batman Begins
      Brokeback Mountain
      Good Night and Good Luck
      Memoirs of a Geisha
      Brave New World

      Best Makeup Design:
      Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
      Cinderella Man
      Star Wars Episode III

      Best Visual Effects:
      Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
      King Kong
      The War of the Worlds

      Complete information at:
      http://www.oscar.com/nominees/list.html
    • Bonnie Humphrey
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
        Having seen Brokeback Mountain, I thought they might make this category.
        The characters age 20 years in the story, and the makeup job was flawless,
        especially on the blonde lead, whose name escapes me right now.

        Namarie,
        Bonnie Half-Elven

        'Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.' - Galadriel

        Subject: Oscar Nominations Out!