Re: [F-Costume] regency patterns

  • judymitch
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 10, 2013
      I also made mine using la mode bagatelle (and I'm part of the large league  too ;) ). I just made the bodice petticoat for under and we semi-draped the gown since I eas modeling it on one of the hostess' s dress from Regency House. No corsetting involved.

      Regency is more about straight columnar look than curvy corsetted looks. Some of the younger girls wore corsets, but as you already know they weren't V style.
          -Judy

      Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
    • Susan Toker
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2013
        Via google search
        https://www.google.com/#q=regency+corsets

        To help with time/effort there may be modern shape wear or even bra that would work to support the ladies but smooth the body.  Basically something that supports the bust with no straps or thin straps near the shoulder points (arms).
        Regency dresses are forgiving on waists.
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2013
          Thanks for the tips Carol! If I drape the front skirt a bit more foraward like you said can I still drape the back? I was going to follow the back drape on this dress http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1ZDyU_gBTFg/Tiznkw9BNoI/AAAAAAAABo4/XGVJ3SWiwSg/s320/white+regency3.JPG Would that be too much draping if I do front and back?

          I'm in the Atlanta area so I'll have to look into groups around here.