3d printer

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
      It's a printer that uses plastics or resins to print an object in 3 dimensions. It’s great for prop building but at the moment most home units are small so it limits the size of objects you can make.

      Here is a vid of an industrial size in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aghzpO_UZE

      Here is a home version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNxm5sWJIk

      There are also plans on the net so you can scratch build one yourself. The maker community is very helpful with making your own.