Re: [F-Costume] Re: aging sequins

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2013
      Thanks, Cat & Jonatha! He's not working with vintage sequins, but I have
      warned him that if he tries acetone to make sure and try it on some
      testers and not on the actual item! and passed on the suggestions. No
      idea why he wants to age sequin shoes, but apparently he does. (what
      these old things? been in the family for years! ;) )

      -Judy

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2013
        On 4/19/2013 7:22 AM, Judy Mitchell wrote:
        > . No
        > idea why he wants to age sequin shoes, but apparently he does. (what
        > these old things? been in the family for years! ;) )
        He may need to repair them... so has new sequins to add to the old
        sequins. In which case... if he's trying to match something exact that
        then you may need to do acrylic paint washes to match the colors....
        matching isn't quite the same as aging.