Re: Advice on Petticoat/CanCan Skirt Constructions

  • darth_eagle
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 16, 2013
      Sarah Strong <sarahstrong13@...> wrote:
      > The dress pattern would need to be princess seams, possibly with
      > added gores but preferably just really flared lower skirts.

      Yub yub. ;)
      I'm planning to put Princess Seams into the design (well, actually since I'm busty, all my dress have Princess Seams) after seeing others who had done it "correctly" had it too.
      Also will have additional panels added in between the Seams to increase the bottom flare so it'll be close to Full Circle. :P

      Something like this tho' the part where it flares out isn't suppose to be that "tight" (ya, I need to do Sketch Version 3.0 to correct the error I made in V2 Sketch)
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Cosplay/Stseiya/Sasha_Athena3/WIP/sasha_s2_design2.jpg
      (Ps : The Tight Sleeves seen sew to the Armhole isn't suppose to be in the original dress design. I have it, made from regular Illusion Cloth, cause I dun like to expose my Upper Arm skin as it's too pockmarked @_@ )

      Fatimah
    • darth_eagle
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 16, 2013
        Silvara <silvaragreenleaf@...> wrote:
        > if you could ask on the fabric type she usually shares that info since the how to seems to he tackled already.

        Am still waiting for a reply to my enquires but guess she might be busy right now with a project to unable to reply in details and it onlu been like 2 days since I last asked. :/

        Fatimah
      • darth_eagle
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 16, 2013
          Pierre & Sandy Pettinger <costumrs@...> wrote:
          > Also, when you stitch the gathered netting to the tube, first, work
          > from the bottom up. Second, lay the netting so the bottom edge
          > points toward the waist. Stitch it to the tube, then let the netting
          > fall over the stitching to lay the correct way. This both hides the
          > stitching and the raw edges (less snags), and gives more fullness and
          > springiness because you have essentially doubled the depth of the
          > gathering at the attachment point.

          Thanks for the advice :)
          Will do that when I sew it to the Tube top ;)

          Fatimah