Re: [F-Costume] Pressing pleats in to satin

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
      Thanks Cat!
      I'll check out those links. I found the vinegar trick as well, but I'm not sure how it would react to the poly. I'll do a test spot if I go that route. Also investigating the Rajah press cloth, but the reviews are few and far between. Thanks again!

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
        I went looking for the sateens and egyptian cottons, but they just aren't *quite* shiny enough. Thank you for the suggestion, though!   ^_^
        Amanda

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
          He, folks... if you reply to this... please trim out my links. IT's trying to treat that many links as spam.

          >> I'll check out those links. I found the vinegar trick as well, but I'm not sure how it would react to the poly. I'll do a test spot if I go that route.

          Should be perfect for polly. But you do need to test... Test for color fastness AND what temperature you want the iron. AND always use a pressing cloth w/ this. Basically anytime you're going to high heat for a fabric, need a pressing cloth. But remember, it's the cloth one this time, not the see-though Teflon one because you're using a LOT of steam.

          >> Also investigating the Rajah press cloth, but the reviews are few and far between.

          Haven't looked that up, but wonder if it's vinegar infused.