Re: Future Fashion Folio announced.can't see it either.

  • Melody Watts
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
      Same with me.Tried hi lighting the text but no go their either. Was trying to figure out what th etheme of the FF F was for the contest and when it was due and to where its supposed to go.
      melody

      " But, WHY, is the Rum all gone?"

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
        On 1/23/2013 12:21 AM, Melody Watts wrote:
        > Same with me.Tried hi lighting the text but no go their either. Was
        > trying to figure out what th etheme of the FF F was for the contest
        > and when it was due and to where its supposed to go.

        Here ya go... text below.. from
        http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/

        The format for the Costume-Con 32 Future Design Competition and Folio
        follows the basic plan established by CC30 with some variations. Please
        read through all the rules and particulars before submitting your designs.

        The Future Fashion Design Competition

        (deadline for entering Sept 1, 2013)

        The Design Competition is open to everyone. You do not have to have a
        membership to the convention, or be affiliated with any organized
        costuming group or other organization to enter the contest. Designers do
        not have to construct the designs they submit to the Folio. You can let
        your imagination run free to specify cut, technique, materials,
        accessories and scenarios to develop your designs. We would, however,
        like to encourage designers to consider garments that might actually be
        worn as futuristic fashions rather than theatrical type costumes.

        There are no specified categories for designs in the CC32 Design
        Competition. We would like to see a grand variety of designs in the
        Folio, and prefer to leave the options open for anything. Some possible
        themes for designs are:

        * Accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc.)
        * Bridal / Wedding Wear
        * Business / Occupational Wear
        * Ceremonial or Religious Regalia
        * Clothing for a particular age group (children, teens, elderly …..)
        * Couples
        * Court Wear
        * Entertainers (singers/actors/dancers/musicians)
        * Ethnic Outfits
        * Extreme environment clothing
        * Festival Wear
        * Formal /Semi formal Evening Wear
        * Heavy Worlders (higher gravity/larger body types)
        * Non-human
        * Body modification/augmentation
        * Hostess Wear
        * Leisure Wear
        * Lingerie
        * Maternity Wear
        * Pseudo-Historical
        * Sports Wear (including sports not yet invented)
        * Uniforms (civilian or military, every day or dress)
        * Repurposed/recycled materials
        * Harujuku
        * Avant Garde

        Sponsored Design Themes

        The Costume-Con 32 Design Competition has one current Sponsored Design
        Theme with a special award. Please indicate that you wish to have your
        design considered for the Special Design Theme on the back of your
        drawing or in the text of your email. All entries submitted for these
        awards are eligible for inclusion in the Folio in general even if they
        are not selected for a special award. If you or your club is interested
        in sponsoring a Design Theme, please contact the Fashion Folio
        Coordinator, Trixyloup Wolf at: CC32FashionFolio@...
        The Sponsored Design Themes are :
        1. TBA

        How to submit your designs

        You may submit as many designs as you like, whenever you like, multiple
        times if you like. But the deadline is September 1, 2013. If you are
        submitting your designs by snail mail, please mail early enough so that
        they are received by the deadline. Design submission rules are below;
        please read them all before submitting your designs.

        The Rules and Particulars

        Most of our rules are typical & the same as have been used every year
        for Costume-Con. There are a few tweaks in the ongoing evolution of The
        Future Fashion Design Competition, Folio and Show for CC32. Please pay
        attention to these, as they may be new to you even if you’ve
        participated in past Folios. These rules are derived from those prepared
        for CC25 and CC30.

        *1. All designs must be ORIGINAL IDEAS.*
        You can draw your designs on your own, draw on a traced figure or have
        someone else draw the design for you, but the design must be original.
        Please give credit to anyone who helps you.
        Feeling intimidated by the blank page and concerns about your drawing
        skills? Not to worry! Croquis (figures to draw on) are available for
        your use. You can google “croquis” for examples.

        A few websites to try:
        www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm
        <http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm>
        www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp
        <http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp>
        Be assured, you designs will be judged on the merit of the creative
        ideas, not the drawing.

        *2. Designs may be submitted three ways:*

        i. Hard copy (aka: the old-fashioned way, on paper); all designs must be
        on white 8.5″ x 11″ (or A4) paper, photocopied (not scanned & printed
        from your home computer,) black & white line art. Please snail-mail
        designs to:
        Sylvie Laurin
        231 Cote St-Louis Ouest
        Ste Therese, QC J7E 5S6
        CANADA

        ii. On CD; you may scan your designs at home & put the files on a disk.
        You may use any image format you desire, scanned at no less than 300 dpi
        & no more than 600 dpi. Use the same definition of line art as for hard
        copies.
        iii. By email; you may send your designs as attachments to an email. One
        design (with text file) per email, JPEGs only between 300 & 600 dpi.
        Again, use our standard definition of line art.
        Submit these to: CC32FashionFolio@...

        iv. Definition: Line art – black ink on white background; not pencil, no
        shading, no colours. Include sufficient room around the image so the
        design doesn’t run into the margins.
        See item #5 below for labelling & text file requirements & item #6 for
        naming conventions.

        *3. DO NOT SEND US ORIGINAL ARTWORK.*
        All designs should be photocopies or some graphic format.

        *4. You may, and we encourage you to, submit designs in colour.*
        But we require a black & white line art copy of your design for
        reproduction in the Fashion Folio. Please make sure your drawings are
        neat and will reproduce well. This includes electronic format drawings.
        (See Definition: Line art 2.iv above) If you do send us hard copy colour
        versions DO NOT use anything that requires spray fixative or that may
        smear, smudge, stick or flake off on other people’s drawings.

        *5. Labelling & text file requirements*
        i. Your name and address MUST be marked clearly on the back of EACH AND
        EVERY design sheet submitted; include the design’s name if it has one
        and or other classification if relevant. Designs usually have
        descriptions which should include any appropriate information to help a
        maker construct the design; please put each description on a separate
        sheet, also labelled on the back.

        ii. If you submit your design on a CD please include the descriptions in
        .txt or .rtf format with your name and address as well as the name and
        description of your design; again one file per description not all in
        one. Also write your name on the CD in permanent ink.

        iii. If you submit your design by email please include the description
        in .txt or .rtf format with your name and address as well as the name
        and description of your design. Remember – one design with description
        per email.

        iv. In all cases, your email address & phone number are helpful.

        *6. Naming Conventions for the Designs:*
        Number each entry consecutively on the back in the upper right hand corner.
        Example: if you submit 4 designs, they should be numbered as follows:
        “#1 of 4″, “#2 of 4″ etc. Colour versions should be numbered “Colour #1
        of 4″, etc.

        If you are submitting on a CD each drawing file should be named “1 of 4
        name of design.jpg”, “2 of 4 name of design.jpg” and so forth. The text
        files for each design should be named “1 of 4 name of design text.(txt
        or rtf)”.
        Use the same method on emails – but remember – one design with
        description per email.

        *7. Enter as many designs as you wish and as often as you wish*
        PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE OF September 1, 2013. Designs must be received by
        the Folio Director by that date.

        *8. Identify the source of your inspiration* (if any) on the back or in
        the text portion of your design.

        *9. Your designs will not be returned unless you request it*.
        AND have also included a Stamped Self-Addressed Envelope of SUFFICIENT
        SIZE and with SUFFICIENT POSTAGE on it with your designs.

        *10. Use of Designs*

        By submitting your designs to Costume-Con 32 you agree to the non-profit
        use & publication of said designs by Costume-Con 32 prior to & during
        the run of the conference, and to their reproduction for the Fashion
        Show and that your designs may appear in Costume-Con promotional materials.
        Please direct any questions regarding the Future Fashion Folio to
        Trixyloup Wolf: CC32FashionFolio@...
        <mailto:CC32FashionFolio@...>

        The Future Fashion Folio

        Every design that is accepted for inclusion in the Future Fashion Folio
        is a winner. Designers of designs selected for publication will receive
        an electronic copy of the Folio even if they are not members of the
        Convention.
        All submitted designs will be reviewed by a judging panel who will
        decide what will be included in the Future Fashion Folio. In the past
        the Fashion Folio was presented as a printed booklet that was
        distributed to members (and designers) by mail or at the convention. Due
        to rising printing & mailing costs we will be following the example
        started at CC28 & continued with CC29 and CC30 of issuing the Folio as a
        PDF file which will be emailed upon completion.
        Designs that have been accepted for the Folio will be organized into the
        PDF file just as if it were a printed Folio. Recipients may opt to print
        the entire file or portions thereof if they desire.

        The Future Fashion Showcase

        For those inspired by the designs they see in the Folio, the Showcase is
        their opportunity to make one of the designs into a reality and present
        their creation on stage. While participation in the Future Fashion Folio
        was open to all, you must be a member of Costume-Con 32 to present an
        entry on stage in the Fashion Show. It is acceptable for an entry into
        the Showcase to be made by one person and modeled by another, but both
        maker and model must be members of Costume-Con 32. Entries must be
        modeled by a human (not a doll).
        In order to maximize the creative opportunities of the community,
        Costume-Con 32 will impose no limit to the number of entries based upon
        any one design from the Folio. Designers wishing to reserve exclusive
        rights to their own designs should indicate this at the time the design
        is submitted. Designs which have been reserved by their designer will be
        designated as such when the folio is published. Designers who intend to
        make one of their designs for the Showcase yet do not wish to exclude
        the design from consideration for others need not make any special
        requests and should follow the reservation process detailed below.
        In order to assist the director in planning the show, please reserve
        your place by emailing the showcase director Ricky Dick at
        gravelymac@... <mailto:gravelymac@...> no later than April
        26th, 2014 with your name and the title/number of the design you are
        creating. If for any reason you do not believe that you will be able to
        present the design you’ve indicated, please let the showcase director
        know as soon as possible so that adjustments can be made.

        Participants in the Fashion Showcase should plan to check in with the
        show director at their table at the convention to pick up participants
        instructions. The fashion show is unlike a masquerade in that
        presentation will consists of a simple runway walk. Participants are not
        responsible for providing their own soundtrack or presentation, but are
        welcome to email the show director in advance with any special comments
        about their costume, which might be read during their introduction.
        All of the fashions presented in the Showcase are created from designs,
        which won their inclusion in the Future Fashion Folio. The makers who
        bring the designs to life will be considered for a small selection of
        awards to be presented at the completion of the Showcase.

        The Future Fashion Folio Showcase will be held on the afternoon of
        Sunday, April, 27th, 2014.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
          Perhaps the page didn't finish loading? when I went there it was black
          text on a center block of tan. the outer edges were dark brown, but not
          the center.
          -Judy

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
            I noticed that it has a tan background when I view the page on my ipad. It's just not showing up on my pc browser.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
              I had no problem with reading it this morning. I tried it with the
              Firefox, IE (9), Google Chrome and Opera and they all work if you are using
              a recent version. The page is written using HTML5 and uses javascript. If
              you don't want to change your IE version why not add one of the other web
              browsers (they are all free) and try again.

              Susan Toker
              (Google Chrome and Firefox are particularly good but Opera is fine too)