Re: [F-Costume] Costume Con 32 dates for the Future Fashion Folio announced.

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
      I can't read any of the text on the Future Fashion Folio site. It's black on dark brown. :(

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
        Same with me.Tried hi lighting the text but no go their either. Was trying to figure out what th etheme of the FF F was for the contest and when it was due and to where its supposed to go.
        melody

        " But, WHY, is the Rum all gone?"

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
          On 1/23/2013 12:21 AM, Melody Watts wrote:
          > Same with me.Tried hi lighting the text but no go their either. Was
          > trying to figure out what th etheme of the FF F was for the contest
          > and when it was due and to where its supposed to go.

          Here ya go... text below.. from
          http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/

          The format for the Costume-Con 32 Future Design Competition and Folio
          follows the basic plan established by CC30 with some variations. Please
          read through all the rules and particulars before submitting your designs.

          The Future Fashion Design Competition

          (deadline for entering Sept 1, 2013)

          The Design Competition is open to everyone. You do not have to have a
          membership to the convention, or be affiliated with any organized
          costuming group or other organization to enter the contest. Designers do
          not have to construct the designs they submit to the Folio. You can let
          your imagination run free to specify cut, technique, materials,
          accessories and scenarios to develop your designs. We would, however,
          like to encourage designers to consider garments that might actually be
          worn as futuristic fashions rather than theatrical type costumes.

          There are no specified categories for designs in the CC32 Design
          Competition. We would like to see a grand variety of designs in the
          Folio, and prefer to leave the options open for anything. Some possible
          themes for designs are:

          * Accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc.)
          * Bridal / Wedding Wear
          * Business / Occupational Wear
          * Ceremonial or Religious Regalia
          * Clothing for a particular age group (children, teens, elderly …..)
          * Couples
          * Court Wear
          * Entertainers (singers/actors/dancers/musicians)
          * Ethnic Outfits
          * Extreme environment clothing
          * Festival Wear
          * Formal /Semi formal Evening Wear
          * Heavy Worlders (higher gravity/larger body types)
          * Non-human
          * Body modification/augmentation
          * Hostess Wear
          * Leisure Wear
          * Lingerie
          * Maternity Wear
          * Pseudo-Historical
          * Sports Wear (including sports not yet invented)
          * Uniforms (civilian or military, every day or dress)
          * Repurposed/recycled materials
          * Harujuku
          * Avant Garde

          Sponsored Design Themes

          The Costume-Con 32 Design Competition has one current Sponsored Design
          Theme with a special award. Please indicate that you wish to have your
          design considered for the Special Design Theme on the back of your
          drawing or in the text of your email. All entries submitted for these
          awards are eligible for inclusion in the Folio in general even if they
          are not selected for a special award. If you or your club is interested
          in sponsoring a Design Theme, please contact the Fashion Folio
          Coordinator, Trixyloup Wolf at: CC32FashionFolio@...
          The Sponsored Design Themes are :
          1. TBA

          How to submit your designs

          You may submit as many designs as you like, whenever you like, multiple
          times if you like. But the deadline is September 1, 2013. If you are
          submitting your designs by snail mail, please mail early enough so that
          they are received by the deadline. Design submission rules are below;
          please read them all before submitting your designs.

          The Rules and Particulars

          Most of our rules are typical & the same as have been used every year
          for Costume-Con. There are a few tweaks in the ongoing evolution of The
          Future Fashion Design Competition, Folio and Show for CC32. Please pay
          attention to these, as they may be new to you even if you’ve
          participated in past Folios. These rules are derived from those prepared
          for CC25 and CC30.

          *1. All designs must be ORIGINAL IDEAS.*
          You can draw your designs on your own, draw on a traced figure or have
          someone else draw the design for you, but the design must be original.
          Please give credit to anyone who helps you.
          Feeling intimidated by the blank page and concerns about your drawing
          skills? Not to worry! Croquis (figures to draw on) are available for
          your use. You can google “croquis” for examples.

          A few websites to try:
          www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm
          <http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm>
          www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp
          <http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp>
          Be assured, you designs will be judged on the merit of the creative
          ideas, not the drawing.

          *2. Designs may be submitted three ways:*

          i. Hard copy (aka: the old-fashioned way, on paper); all designs must be
          on white 8.5″ x 11″ (or A4) paper, photocopied (not scanned & printed
          from your home computer,) black & white line art. Please snail-mail
          designs to:
          Sylvie Laurin
          231 Cote St-Louis Ouest
          Ste Therese, QC J7E 5S6
          CANADA

          ii. On CD; you may scan your designs at home & put the files on a disk.
          You may use any image format you desire, scanned at no less than 300 dpi
          & no more than 600 dpi. Use the same definition of line art as for hard
          copies.
          iii. By email; you may send your designs as attachments to an email. One
          design (with text file) per email, JPEGs only between 300 & 600 dpi.
          Again, use our standard definition of line art.
          Submit these to: CC32FashionFolio@...

          iv. Definition: Line art – black ink on white background; not pencil, no
          shading, no colours. Include sufficient room around the image so the
          design doesn’t run into the margins.
          See item #5 below for labelling & text file requirements & item #6 for
          naming conventions.

          *3. DO NOT SEND US ORIGINAL ARTWORK.*
          All designs should be photocopies or some graphic format.

          *4. You may, and we encourage you to, submit designs in colour.*
          But we require a black & white line art copy of your design for
          reproduction in the Fashion Folio. Please make sure your drawings are
          neat and will reproduce well. This includes electronic format drawings.
          (See Definition: Line art 2.iv above) If you do send us hard copy colour
          versions DO NOT use anything that requires spray fixative or that may
          smear, smudge, stick or flake off on other people’s drawings.

          *5. Labelling & text file requirements*
          i. Your name and address MUST be marked clearly on the back of EACH AND
          EVERY design sheet submitted; include the design’s name if it has one
          and or other classification if relevant. Designs usually have
          descriptions which should include any appropriate information to help a
          maker construct the design; please put each description on a separate
          sheet, also labelled on the back.

          ii. If you submit your design on a CD please include the descriptions in
          .txt or .rtf format with your name and address as well as the name and
          description of your design; again one file per description not all in
          one. Also write your name on the CD in permanent ink.

          iii. If you submit your design by email please include the description
          in .txt or .rtf format with your name and address as well as the name
          and description of your design. Remember – one design with description
          per email.

          iv. In all cases, your email address & phone number are helpful.

          *6. Naming Conventions for the Designs:*
          Number each entry consecutively on the back in the upper right hand corner.
          Example: if you submit 4 designs, they should be numbered as follows:
          “#1 of 4″, “#2 of 4″ etc. Colour versions should be numbered “Colour #1
          of 4″, etc.

          If you are submitting on a CD each drawing file should be named “1 of 4
          name of design.jpg”, “2 of 4 name of design.jpg” and so forth. The text
          files for each design should be named “1 of 4 name of design text.(txt
          or rtf)”.
          Use the same method on emails – but remember – one design with
          description per email.

          *7. Enter as many designs as you wish and as often as you wish*
          PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE OF September 1, 2013. Designs must be received by
          the Folio Director by that date.

          *8. Identify the source of your inspiration* (if any) on the back or in
          the text portion of your design.

          *9. Your designs will not be returned unless you request it*.
          AND have also included a Stamped Self-Addressed Envelope of SUFFICIENT
          SIZE and with SUFFICIENT POSTAGE on it with your designs.

          *10. Use of Designs*

          By submitting your designs to Costume-Con 32 you agree to the non-profit
          use & publication of said designs by Costume-Con 32 prior to & during
          the run of the conference, and to their reproduction for the Fashion
          Show and that your designs may appear in Costume-Con promotional materials.
          Please direct any questions regarding the Future Fashion Folio to
          Trixyloup Wolf: CC32FashionFolio@...
          <mailto:CC32FashionFolio@...>

          The Future Fashion Folio

          Every design that is accepted for inclusion in the Future Fashion Folio
          is a winner. Designers of designs selected for publication will receive
          an electronic copy of the Folio even if they are not members of the
          Convention.
          All submitted designs will be reviewed by a judging panel who will
          decide what will be included in the Future Fashion Folio. In the past
          the Fashion Folio was presented as a printed booklet that was
          distributed to members (and designers) by mail or at the convention. Due
          to rising printing & mailing costs we will be following the example
          started at CC28 & continued with CC29 and CC30 of issuing the Folio as a
          PDF file which will be emailed upon completion.
          Designs that have been accepted for the Folio will be organized into the
          PDF file just as if it were a printed Folio. Recipients may opt to print
          the entire file or portions thereof if they desire.

          The Future Fashion Showcase

          For those inspired by the designs they see in the Folio, the Showcase is
          their opportunity to make one of the designs into a reality and present
          their creation on stage. While participation in the Future Fashion Folio
          was open to all, you must be a member of Costume-Con 32 to present an
          entry on stage in the Fashion Show. It is acceptable for an entry into
          the Showcase to be made by one person and modeled by another, but both
          maker and model must be members of Costume-Con 32. Entries must be
          modeled by a human (not a doll).
          In order to maximize the creative opportunities of the community,
          Costume-Con 32 will impose no limit to the number of entries based upon
          any one design from the Folio. Designers wishing to reserve exclusive
          rights to their own designs should indicate this at the time the design
          is submitted. Designs which have been reserved by their designer will be
          designated as such when the folio is published. Designers who intend to
          make one of their designs for the Showcase yet do not wish to exclude
          the design from consideration for others need not make any special
          requests and should follow the reservation process detailed below.
          In order to assist the director in planning the show, please reserve
          your place by emailing the showcase director Ricky Dick at
          gravelymac@... <mailto:gravelymac@...> no later than April
          26th, 2014 with your name and the title/number of the design you are
          creating. If for any reason you do not believe that you will be able to
          present the design you’ve indicated, please let the showcase director
          know as soon as possible so that adjustments can be made.

          Participants in the Fashion Showcase should plan to check in with the
          show director at their table at the convention to pick up participants
          instructions. The fashion show is unlike a masquerade in that
          presentation will consists of a simple runway walk. Participants are not
          responsible for providing their own soundtrack or presentation, but are
          welcome to email the show director in advance with any special comments
          about their costume, which might be read during their introduction.
          All of the fashions presented in the Showcase are created from designs,
          which won their inclusion in the Future Fashion Folio. The makers who
          bring the designs to life will be considered for a small selection of
          awards to be presented at the completion of the Showcase.

          The Future Fashion Folio Showcase will be held on the afternoon of
          Sunday, April, 27th, 2014.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
            Perhaps the page didn't finish loading? when I went there it was black
            text on a center block of tan. the outer edges were dark brown, but not
            the center.
            -Judy

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
              I noticed that it has a tan background when I view the page on my ipad. It's just not showing up on my pc browser.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
                I had no problem with reading it this morning. I tried it with the
                Firefox, IE (9), Google Chrome and Opera and they all work if you are using
                a recent version. The page is written using HTML5 and uses javascript. If
                you don't want to change your IE version why not add one of the other web
                browsers (they are all free) and try again.

                Susan Toker
                (Google Chrome and Firefox are particularly good but Opera is fine too)