Re: [F-Costume] Re: Costume Con 32 dates for the Future Fashion Folio announced.

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2013
      >> That's April 25-28, 2014. ;)

      Where was I tying from... oooops.

      -c-
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
        I can't read any of the text on the Future Fashion Folio site. It's black on dark brown. :(

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
          Same with me.Tried hi lighting the text but no go their either. Was trying to figure out what th etheme of the FF F was for the contest and when it was due and to where its supposed to go.
          melody

          " But, WHY, is the Rum all gone?"

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
            On 1/23/2013 12:21 AM, Melody Watts wrote:
            > Same with me.Tried hi lighting the text but no go their either. Was
            > trying to figure out what th etheme of the FF F was for the contest
            > and when it was due and to where its supposed to go.

            Here ya go... text below.. from
            http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/

            The format for the Costume-Con 32 Future Design Competition and Folio
            follows the basic plan established by CC30 with some variations. Please
            read through all the rules and particulars before submitting your designs.

            The Future Fashion Design Competition

            (deadline for entering Sept 1, 2013)

            The Design Competition is open to everyone. You do not have to have a
            membership to the convention, or be affiliated with any organized
            costuming group or other organization to enter the contest. Designers do
            not have to construct the designs they submit to the Folio. You can let
            your imagination run free to specify cut, technique, materials,
            accessories and scenarios to develop your designs. We would, however,
            like to encourage designers to consider garments that might actually be
            worn as futuristic fashions rather than theatrical type costumes.

            There are no specified categories for designs in the CC32 Design
            Competition. We would like to see a grand variety of designs in the
            Folio, and prefer to leave the options open for anything. Some possible
            themes for designs are:

            * Accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc.)
            * Bridal / Wedding Wear
            * Business / Occupational Wear
            * Ceremonial or Religious Regalia
            * Clothing for a particular age group (children, teens, elderly …..)
            * Couples
            * Court Wear
            * Entertainers (singers/actors/dancers/musicians)
            * Ethnic Outfits
            * Extreme environment clothing
            * Festival Wear
            * Formal /Semi formal Evening Wear
            * Heavy Worlders (higher gravity/larger body types)
            * Non-human
            * Body modification/augmentation
            * Hostess Wear
            * Leisure Wear
            * Lingerie
            * Maternity Wear
            * Pseudo-Historical
            * Sports Wear (including sports not yet invented)
            * Uniforms (civilian or military, every day or dress)
            * Repurposed/recycled materials
            * Harujuku
            * Avant Garde

            Sponsored Design Themes

            The Costume-Con 32 Design Competition has one current Sponsored Design
            Theme with a special award. Please indicate that you wish to have your
            design considered for the Special Design Theme on the back of your
            drawing or in the text of your email. All entries submitted for these
            awards are eligible for inclusion in the Folio in general even if they
            are not selected for a special award. If you or your club is interested
            in sponsoring a Design Theme, please contact the Fashion Folio
            Coordinator, Trixyloup Wolf at: CC32FashionFolio@...
            The Sponsored Design Themes are :
            1. TBA

            How to submit your designs

            You may submit as many designs as you like, whenever you like, multiple
            times if you like. But the deadline is September 1, 2013. If you are
            submitting your designs by snail mail, please mail early enough so that
            they are received by the deadline. Design submission rules are below;
            please read them all before submitting your designs.

            The Rules and Particulars

            Most of our rules are typical & the same as have been used every year
            for Costume-Con. There are a few tweaks in the ongoing evolution of The
            Future Fashion Design Competition, Folio and Show for CC32. Please pay
            attention to these, as they may be new to you even if you’ve
            participated in past Folios. These rules are derived from those prepared
            for CC25 and CC30.

            *1. All designs must be ORIGINAL IDEAS.*
            You can draw your designs on your own, draw on a traced figure or have
            someone else draw the design for you, but the design must be original.
            Please give credit to anyone who helps you.
            Feeling intimidated by the blank page and concerns about your drawing
            skills? Not to worry! Croquis (figures to draw on) are available for
            your use. You can google “croquis” for examples.

            A few websites to try:
            www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm
            <http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm>
            www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp
            <http://costumecon32.com/programming-2014/competitions-events/future-fashion-folio-show/www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp>
            Be assured, you designs will be judged on the merit of the creative
            ideas, not the drawing.

            *2. Designs may be submitted three ways:*

            i. Hard copy (aka: the old-fashioned way, on paper); all designs must be
            on white 8.5″ x 11″ (or A4) paper, photocopied (not scanned & printed
            from your home computer,) black & white line art. Please snail-mail
            designs to:
            Sylvie Laurin
            231 Cote St-Louis Ouest
            Ste Therese, QC J7E 5S6
            CANADA

            ii. On CD; you may scan your designs at home & put the files on a disk.
            You may use any image format you desire, scanned at no less than 300 dpi
            & no more than 600 dpi. Use the same definition of line art as for hard
            copies.
            iii. By email; you may send your designs as attachments to an email. One
            design (with text file) per email, JPEGs only between 300 & 600 dpi.
            Again, use our standard definition of line art.
            Submit these to: CC32FashionFolio@...

            iv. Definition: Line art – black ink on white background; not pencil, no
            shading, no colours. Include sufficient room around the image so the
            design doesn’t run into the margins.
            See item #5 below for labelling & text file requirements & item #6 for
            naming conventions.

            *3. DO NOT SEND US ORIGINAL ARTWORK.*
            All designs should be photocopies or some graphic format.

            *4. You may, and we encourage you to, submit designs in colour.*
            But we require a black & white line art copy of your design for
            reproduction in the Fashion Folio. Please make sure your drawings are
            neat and will reproduce well. This includes electronic format drawings.
            (See Definition: Line art 2.iv above) If you do send us hard copy colour
            versions DO NOT use anything that requires spray fixative or that may
            smear, smudge, stick or flake off on other people’s drawings.

            *5. Labelling & text file requirements*
            i. Your name and address MUST be marked clearly on the back of EACH AND
            EVERY design sheet submitted; include the design’s name if it has one
            and or other classification if relevant. Designs usually have
            descriptions which should include any appropriate information to help a
            maker construct the design; please put each description on a separate
            sheet, also labelled on the back.

            ii. If you submit your design on a CD please include the descriptions in
            .txt or .rtf format with your name and address as well as the name and
            description of your design; again one file per description not all in
            one. Also write your name on the CD in permanent ink.

            iii. If you submit your design by email please include the description
            in .txt or .rtf format with your name and address as well as the name
            and description of your design. Remember – one design with description
            per email.

            iv. In all cases, your email address & phone number are helpful.

            *6. Naming Conventions for the Designs:*
            Number each entry consecutively on the back in the upper right hand corner.
            Example: if you submit 4 designs, they should be numbered as follows:
            “#1 of 4″, “#2 of 4″ etc. Colour versions should be numbered “Colour #1
            of 4″, etc.

            If you are submitting on a CD each drawing file should be named “1 of 4
            name of design.jpg”, “2 of 4 name of design.jpg” and so forth. The text
            files for each design should be named “1 of 4 name of design text.(txt
            or rtf)”.
            Use the same method on emails – but remember – one design with
            description per email.

            *7. Enter as many designs as you wish and as often as you wish*
            PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE OF September 1, 2013. Designs must be received by
            the Folio Director by that date.

            *8. Identify the source of your inspiration* (if any) on the back or in
            the text portion of your design.

            *9. Your designs will not be returned unless you request it*.
            AND have also included a Stamped Self-Addressed Envelope of SUFFICIENT
            SIZE and with SUFFICIENT POSTAGE on it with your designs.

            *10. Use of Designs*

            By submitting your designs to Costume-Con 32 you agree to the non-profit
            use & publication of said designs by Costume-Con 32 prior to & during
            the run of the conference, and to their reproduction for the Fashion
            Show and that your designs may appear in Costume-Con promotional materials.
            Please direct any questions regarding the Future Fashion Folio to
            Trixyloup Wolf: CC32FashionFolio@...
            <mailto:CC32FashionFolio@...>

            The Future Fashion Folio

            Every design that is accepted for inclusion in the Future Fashion Folio
            is a winner. Designers of designs selected for publication will receive
            an electronic copy of the Folio even if they are not members of the
            Convention.
            All submitted designs will be reviewed by a judging panel who will
            decide what will be included in the Future Fashion Folio. In the past
            the Fashion Folio was presented as a printed booklet that was
            distributed to members (and designers) by mail or at the convention. Due
            to rising printing & mailing costs we will be following the example
            started at CC28 & continued with CC29 and CC30 of issuing the Folio as a
            PDF file which will be emailed upon completion.
            Designs that have been accepted for the Folio will be organized into the
            PDF file just as if it were a printed Folio. Recipients may opt to print
            the entire file or portions thereof if they desire.

            The Future Fashion Showcase

            For those inspired by the designs they see in the Folio, the Showcase is
            their opportunity to make one of the designs into a reality and present
            their creation on stage. While participation in the Future Fashion Folio
            was open to all, you must be a member of Costume-Con 32 to present an
            entry on stage in the Fashion Show. It is acceptable for an entry into
            the Showcase to be made by one person and modeled by another, but both
            maker and model must be members of Costume-Con 32. Entries must be
            modeled by a human (not a doll).
            In order to maximize the creative opportunities of the community,
            Costume-Con 32 will impose no limit to the number of entries based upon
            any one design from the Folio. Designers wishing to reserve exclusive
            rights to their own designs should indicate this at the time the design
            is submitted. Designs which have been reserved by their designer will be
            designated as such when the folio is published. Designers who intend to
            make one of their designs for the Showcase yet do not wish to exclude
            the design from consideration for others need not make any special
            requests and should follow the reservation process detailed below.
            In order to assist the director in planning the show, please reserve
            your place by emailing the showcase director Ricky Dick at
            gravelymac@... <mailto:gravelymac@...> no later than April
            26th, 2014 with your name and the title/number of the design you are
            creating. If for any reason you do not believe that you will be able to
            present the design you’ve indicated, please let the showcase director
            know as soon as possible so that adjustments can be made.

            Participants in the Fashion Showcase should plan to check in with the
            show director at their table at the convention to pick up participants
            instructions. The fashion show is unlike a masquerade in that
            presentation will consists of a simple runway walk. Participants are not
            responsible for providing their own soundtrack or presentation, but are
            welcome to email the show director in advance with any special comments
            about their costume, which might be read during their introduction.
            All of the fashions presented in the Showcase are created from designs,
            which won their inclusion in the Future Fashion Folio. The makers who
            bring the designs to life will be considered for a small selection of
            awards to be presented at the completion of the Showcase.

            The Future Fashion Folio Showcase will be held on the afternoon of
            Sunday, April, 27th, 2014.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
              Perhaps the page didn't finish loading? when I went there it was black
              text on a center block of tan. the outer edges were dark brown, but not
              the center.
              -Judy

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
                I noticed that it has a tan background when I view the page on my ipad. It's just not showing up on my pc browser.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
                  I had no problem with reading it this morning. I tried it with the
                  Firefox, IE (9), Google Chrome and Opera and they all work if you are using
                  a recent version. The page is written using HTML5 and uses javascript. If
                  you don't want to change your IE version why not add one of the other web
                  browsers (they are all free) and try again.

                  Susan Toker
                  (Google Chrome and Firefox are particularly good but Opera is fine too)