Re: [F-Costume] Cat--Re:large bust/Victorian bodice problem

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
      On 1/21/2013 5:02 PM, Ann Garner wrote:
      > >Â Ps I make regular "V" shaped darts at the bust
      > >point and modified banana shaped darts at the
      > >waist front. Do you think a princess dart/cut
      > >might be a better choice in the future?

      That double dart is the easiest to slide into if you've never made
      pattern adjustments before. But if you're comfortable w/ it, it's easy
      to move on from there.

      Turn that fitting inside out... and take the darts to a join point at
      the apex of the bust -- the center sticky-out point. It won't exactly
      be two straight lines and the small curve, but close.

      > When I make darts, I never make "V" darts. The
      > body is not straight lines. Even if the dart on
      > the pattern is V, I still curve it, to fit the
      > body. I apply this to any sewing of garments
      > with darts. I took a pattern modifying class,
      > and this one thing was worth the class.
      And on to step two, Make those prince pieces a bit more curved...