Re: [F-Costume] Need help with VIctorian Bodice for large bust

  • Nightwing Whitehead
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
      Sorry, I saw that after I sent my response (what I get for reading emails in he dead of the night).  I didn't correct it then as I wanted to be able to offer a better solution when I did, but I have no clear ideas as to how to best solve this.  I keep seeing layers of lace but nothing concrete enough to pass along yet.

      From: Nightwing Whitehead nightwingwhitehead@...>

      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 2:30 PM

      Milady *needs* a corset!  Not a pseudo-corset that sort of maybe kind of almost does it, a real corset that will confine what should be confined and support what should be supported.  They come in many styles from under the bust to demi to full cover to sweetheart.  Where do you live?  I may be able to direct your path to a corset-fitter near you.

      From: Melody hobbitmomof4@...>

      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 3:01 PM

      ***She cannot tolerate anything high or tight around her body or neck area (Aspergers)

      need help with a large problem,,My daughter is a 47" F cup, she is 5'1" and short waisted her waist is 38 ,hip 46. She has very small width shoulders also to further complicate it.

      I have been very unsuccessfully trying to create a Victorian ball gown bodice. None of the patterns I have go up to her boobage diminsions.

      much thanks for any ideas,leads, back pats......

      melody

    • Daniel Sanders
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
        Well, did I read correctly in another post that the event is showcasing the year 1845?

        <<<I now have a yr to work on this now as it is only in Jan. of each yr.will be collecting ideas and prototyping ideas. If U think of any ,pls feel free to forward them on>>>