Re: [F-Costume] 1920s-30s police uniforms

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
      There is a Crime museum in Chicago. That might be a great place to start especially for pictures from the period. http://www.crimemuseum.org

      Surprisingly the wikipedia page for the Chicago police department has a lot of good insignia information (both current and historical). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Police_Department as well as a great reference and link section.

      I believe there is also a Mob museum in Las Vegas. Many gangsters came from the Chicago area so the curator of the museum may be a great source.

      Hope that helped a little,