Journey Wanderer

  • s
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2012
      Hi all!

      I'm going to make some Wanderer characters from the game Journey. I want the bands to light up around the bottom of the cape (the yellow parts). Is there such a creature as LED ribbon (wider than EL wire)?

      Here's a Wanderer: http://origin.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2012/04/Journey-Unnamed-Wanderer-feature.jpg

      I'd like the scarf to light up too but not sure how to get idividual squares to light up. Ideas?

      Thanks!
      Sheree
    • Sabine Pothmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2012
        Hi Sheree,

        > I'm going to make some Wanderer characters from the game Journey. I want
        > the bands to light up around the bottom of the cape (the yellow parts). (...)
        > I'd like the scarf to light up too but not sure how to get idividual squares
        > to light up. Ideas?

        Yes.

        The unquestionable wisdom of Google, if asked for 'EL Foil' or 'EL Panel' as well as 'EL Tape' should be the solution for both the bands and the scarf squares ;-)

        Then there's also this:

        http://www.organicui.org/?page_id=67
        website, which knows something about EL panels that are being *silk screened* onto fabric - VERY interesting!

        Last not least, and the probably most expensive route, would be to work with fibre optic fabric, which is available from http://www.lumigram.com - that, of course is the most expensive route; just thought I should mention it as well.

        Best,

        Sabine
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
          Holy amazing! I LOVE the electroluminescent panels!

          Thank you for the links Sabine!

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
            I have one more random question...

            What is this fantastic looking Myth Masque?!? Can we little folk attend? I promise I won't drool on the costumes.... much!

            http://www.mythmasque.com/welcome.html

            Thanks,