Re: Distressing a costume

  • clawofiron
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2012
      Sorry it's taken so long to reply to all the great advice I received about distressing costumes - filming and such has kept me pretty busy.

      I did my best to follow the advice everyone gave me, and I think my costume came out pretty well. I used sand paper and cheese graters, fabric paint, fake dirt by Ben Nye, as well as crumpling up the fabric and cutting small bits out to make random moth-eaten holes or raggedy edges.

      The distressing made my fake leather pants look a lot more like actual leather. And some fellow actors thought they were actually leather, so I think that means it was a success. Hurrah!

      Thank you everyone!