The Broken Continent

  • clawofiron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      I just started working on a dramatic fantasy web series called "The Broken Continent." I'm primarily an actor, but I did make my costume for the photo shoot we did - and I posted pictures in the photo section in a folder titled, "The Broken Continent."

      I haven't figured out how to distress my costumes well, yet. I rubbed in makeup dirt and used different colored chalk to try to make it look dirty and worn. It looked better in person (as in dirtier) than it does in the photos.

      We're still figuring out the look for the series. My character is a woman of the woods - and can fight. We wanted to stick to earthy tones and we wanted the clothes to be functional.

      Any thoughts on what we have so far? We don't start shooting until September.

      In case you're interested, here's some links to stuff about our project:

      The main website: http://www.brokencontinent.com/

      The Kickstarter Campaign: http://getbroken.tv/

      Information about the Events coming up: http://www.brokencontinent.com/events/
    • Ann Catelli
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2012
        The best & most realistic way to age a costume is to wear it.

        If your character is an archer, practice archery in the outfit.  Fighting--practice fighting.

        Few things are more absurd than a random patch where no one has ever torn a hole in her clothes ever.

        A bit of darning or other repair where you notice the very first signs of wear (you don't have to wait for a hole or fraying), however, adds depth the the character; she's Lived in these clothes.

        Ann in CT

        From: clawofiron <clawofiron@...>