Fashion copies "Game of Thrones"

  • Susan Toker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
      This kind of coping is mind-boggling:

      http://news.instyle.com/photo-gallery/?postgallery=124923&xid=cnn-game-of-thrones-lang?cnn=yes&hpt=en_c2

    • Daniel Sanders
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
        How is this "inspired by" or copying Game of Thrones? Sean Bean is wearing a wool cape with a whole body pelt at the collar. Helmut Lang's model is wearing a fitted leather jacket with a partial pelt on part of the torso. InStyle is reaching extremely far to call this a copy. The looks are reminiscent of each other in the least.

        On Jul 31, 2012, at 12:26 PM, Susan Toker <susantoker@...> wrote:

        > This kind of coping is mind-boggling:
        >
        > http://news.instyle.com/photo-gallery/?postgallery=124923&xid=cnn-game-of-thrones-lang?cnn=yes&hpt=en_c2

      • Cat D
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
          --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Sanders <daniel.marcus.sanders@...> wrote:

          > How is this "inspired by" or copying Game of Thrones? Sean Bean is wearing a wool cape with a whole body pelt at the collar. Helmut Lang's model is wearing a fitted leather jacket with a partial pelt on part of the torso. InStyle is reaching extremely far to call this a copy. The looks are reminiscent of each other in the least.

          I agree. It's more just a publicity push. Sigh. But on the other hand it does show how popular Game Of Thrones is.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
            to me it just looks like someone went through a bunch of photos and
            matched up out fits by color... I noticed more real influence from
            movies like Moulin Rouge (lots of laced up corset type bodices, which
            are still all over the place) and Lord of the Rings (big sleeves like on
            the Elven gowns, mostly in formalwear but even some in casual tops)