RE: [F-Costume] Re: The dark knight rises-catwoman

  • louise haagh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2012
      Good pictures for making the patterns, thank you!
      And I just found out that the suit is made from a spandex coated in a polyurethane with a structure of a carbon fiber woven in a hexagon pattern.
      So new question- anyone know if it is possible to find a material like this anywhere??

      Or is it possible to buy a spandex and make the hexagon pattern polyurethane coating yourself?? I think I have seen somewhere that you can coat fabric with a type of rubber, that could be the same, anyone here ever experimented with that??

      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      From: silvaragreenleaf@...
      Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:09:30 +0000
      Subject: [F-Costume] Re: The dark knight rises-catwoman

      Here are some good photos if it helps.

      Sharron
      http:
      //moresay.com/2012/07/06/dark-knight-rises-international-costume-exhibition/

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "louise_haagh" <kostumeting@...> wrote:

      > Hey everybody
      >
      > I am going to try and make Anne Hathaways catwoman outfit from the new batman movie, but I am not sure what the material is, so I am hoping that someone here might have a more precise guess at what it is made from. And where to buy it!
      >
      > this is the costume I mean
      >
      > http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/tdkr-catwoman-black-leather2.jpg
      >

      > Louise

    • Silvara
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2012
        Glad they could help.

        I know someone found a shower curtain in a fabric like the X-Man First class fabric that had the same texture, it might be an option for texturing the fabric. There is a person who makes wonderful cowls Shawn Reeves, who is doing some suit sculpts, the new Batsuit looks like it has a fabric like that used in it too, you might want to see if he has found anything.

        Sharron

        To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
        From: silvaragreenleaf@...
        Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:09:30 +0000