Re: [F-Costume] Need compact clockworks to add to clothes

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2012
      If you want real clock gears - check with your local clock repairman. It's the best source for nice gears. Most times they will sell their dead clock inerds. You will have to pop the pins out of the gears but its really easy (if you get some I can tell you how). Ask them to unwind the spring first. I learned that lesson the hard way! Luckily no harm was done to any body parts. I can not stress this enough - DO NOT attempt to unwind a clock spring unless you're trained. VERY dangerous.

      I've also been lucky to find some windup clocks at thrift stores like Goodwill. Also look for old printers. There are a lot of nice plastic gears in those.

      If you want ready-made plastic gears - you can find them at all of the major craft stores now. Also search etsy.com under supplies.

      Hope that helps! Happy Punking!