Shameless Crosspost for the Future Fashion Show @ CC30

  • Nora & Bruce Mai
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2012
      For you CC veterans, you know the drill - "Blah Blah Fashion Show Blah Blah
      reserve now Blah judging blah blah. Now that that's out of the way, let me
      talk to those of you who are perhaps unfamiliar with what to expect.

      First- a quick explanation. Prior to the convention, the Future Fashion
      Folio Design Competition takes place. Costume-Con 30's Folio was completed
      & released late last year and was e-distributed to the designers & the
      convention membership. Now that the Folio is out there, the members can
      reserve a design for making and wearing at the Future Fashion Show. For
      those who have not entered a competition before, or have little experience,
      this is a great, low pressure way to get up on stage. The format is as it
      sounds - a fashion show, where you walk out, take a turn, allow people to
      snap your picture, and leave the stage. There is an MC who introduces you,
      and provides the info about who did what, etc. Music will be provided to
      set the mood - you don't have to worry about it. And there'll be a photo op
      after the show so people can take better pictures of you off-stage. There
      isn't a traditional "competition" per se, but there will be three awards
      given for accuracy to the source. Judging takes place before the show, in
      the Green Room. Hopefully, we should have a tech rehearsal to allow you to
      get comfortable on a walk-around. Shortly there-after, the show starts and
      the awards should be ready by the end of it - no long waiting.

      I'm taking reservations right now - there's still plenty of time and lots of
      fun designs to choose from. And in case you missed it, I'm allowing more
      than one reservation per outfit. You can even make up more than one - just
      keep in mind that you have to provide your own model for any others you
      make. My email address is: fashionshow@...

      Bruce

      Costume-Con 30 Future Fashion Show Director

      http://costumecon30.com/