Re: Writing in bleach?

  • Jehanni
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Naresha <north_shore_fruitcake@...> wrote:
      ><snip> One of the ideas I want to do is to  write some of the song lyrics on either the jacket itself or on a left over piece of t-shirt fabric.  Given as they are black, that means that they will have to be done with bleach - Only issue is that I'm not too sure what to write it with or if I should be diluting the bleach or using it at full strength etc. <snip>  I will of course be doing test runs, but thought someone may be able to give me a starting point! :)

      Hi, Resha.

      An excellent starting point for what you want to do (which is called "discharge dyeing", BTW) is Paula Burch's website http://www.pburch.net/dyeing.shtml She's got TONS of useful information about hand dyeing of all kinds: search on "discharge" to find the bits related to bleach techniques. Her Q&A blog is very good, too.

      Jonatha