Snow White Costumes - Lily Collins & Julia Roberts

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
      Just some eye candy and a few notes for Snow White Costumes

      New batch of photos for one of the new Snow White Movies

      Lily Collins & Julia Roberts in the leads.

      http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/lily-collins-armie-hammer-julia-roberts-in-snow-white/2untitled-snow-white-project-2012/full-size/

      Costumes are broad fantasy, but look interesting. I'm betting there's
      a fair amount of CG since these costumes are done in such broad
      strokes... (but this is just pure guess, trying to figure out their style).

      The bodices look like they each have a built in corset because the shape
      varies from pic to pic. And when I say built in... almost looks like
      they're ironed on the plastic canvas... (ok, a tad extreme, but not by
      much.)

      Just from what I can see the gal's outfits seem to go from fantasy
      Elizabethan to Georgian, with some bounce outside those circles. Shirt
      shapes... wildly different depending on the dress.

      The guys, Georgian-ish, except for the prince who looks Victorian .
      Both sized to fantasy extreme.

      Starting point -- the Elizabethan Custom Corset Pattern Generator:
      http://www.elizabethancostume.net/custompat/

      This gives you an unseamed, single corset.

      Or... if you want something w/ a bit more shaping, here's an explanation
      from a basic pattern block
      http://www.renaissancetailor.com/demos_corset.htm

      Or just start here: http://www.elizabethancostume.net/#under

      For the queen, cut out cups.. and just shape.

      No lines/wrinkles in the bodices... Interface heavily, and add lots of
      boning. (Hint: Big cable ties.)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
        oddly, the captions all say it's to be released in 2010, while at IMDB
        it's projected for March 2012.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
          On 10/10/2011 8:45 PM, Sarah Strong wrote:
          > oddly, the captions all say it's to be released in 2010, while at IMDB
          > it's projected for March 2012.
          It's an on again, off again project. Still no title, and they're
          releasing pics.

          There's another Snow White scheduled to release soon. Supose to be a
          very different flavor. Snow White and the Huntsman:
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1735898/
          It's pictures: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1735898/ More like LOTR
          meets the jabberwaki

          Wasn't paying attention.

          The Snow White I love is Snow White: a Tale of Terror, 1997, the
          Sigourney Weaver one.
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119227/
          The images aren't good, but the movie trailer will give you just a light
          peak:
          http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1804140825/

          Snow White(s) are on my list to document once we've beat somekind of
          software into submission.

          Snow White: the Fairest of them All 2001
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255605/
          It's sweet, and has a few interesting costumes.
          http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1854472473/

          The wicket queen always has better costumes than Snow White

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
            Thanks Cat!

            The ball scene looks so much like Labyrinth!